Dandelion greens in the winter time

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
Just wanted to let everyone know I talked to my local supermarket produce girl yesterday and they can order in Dandelion greens by the pound so you might check with your local produce department. I ordered 2lbs, and they are only $2.49/lb. They will be in on Monday. This will make a great filler in my tort's winter diet.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I am very fortunate that my grocery carries them daily. Lucky me!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
You are lucky then Dee. I checked all of the stores in my area before I asked the one I frequent the most if they could order them for me. Im sure the whole foods store down in Milwaukee probably carries organic ones but thats an hour drive for me.

RichardA

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
My wife is the Produce Manager for our local store..... :p

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I've found them at my grocery store twice now. I don't know why but they don't carry them regularly. Sometimes they have them sometimes they don't.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Coldliz said:
I've found them at my grocery store twice now. I don't know why but they don't carry them regularly. Sometimes they have them sometimes they don't.

If you ask them they will special order them for you, Ive set up special orders like that on a weekly basis.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I am lucky that 10 min drive to the sprouts and they have dandelion greens. Although the sprouts a little farther away sells both organic and regular. :)

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
jenrell23 said:
I am lucky that 10 min drive to the sprouts and they have dandelion greens. Although the sprouts a little farther away sells both organic and regular. :)

Yea its a shame that store is only in CA, TX and AZ.

RichardA

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Well out of all the goodies my wife brings home for the torts and turts.....she cannot order dandelion greens.....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.