Not open for further replies.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
very nice!

Questions:
Do you feed Mazuri to all your turtles as part of their diets?

Are the pellets for the aquatic turtles smaller than those for tortoises? They look tiny next to that huge turtle, so I wonder if the pellet size is different than the tort mazuri I have.

I think I'll look into adding some of this into the diet for the turtles I have (the classroom tank).

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
Team Gomberg said:
very nice!

Questions:
Do you feed Mazuri to all your turtles as part of their diets?

Are the pellets for the aquatic turtles smaller than those for tortoises? They look tiny next to that huge turtle, so I wonder if the pellet size is different than the tort mazuri I have.

I think I'll look into adding some of this into the diet for the turtles I have (the classroom tank).

Yes, they're a lot smaller than the Tortoise diet, like a bb. How's the albino doing? I do feed it to everything, at least what eats pellets. It's the best food you can use, at least in my opinion. I use the MAZURI crocodilian diet for the bigger turtles, it's pretty much the same thing as the aquatic turtle diet, just a bigger pellet.

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
Very cool, Gerard!

Adding onto the Mazuri Croc Diet note; it is very similar, but is a bit higher in protein and a bit lower in Vitamin E. I personally wouldn't feed solely the croc diet because of it having about 30% the Vitamin E of the Turtle.

Weldd

10 Year Member!
That's awesome. I used to have C. aubryi. They wouldn't go near anything that wasn't swimming...

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
Weldd said:
That's awesome. I used to have C. aubryi. They wouldn't go near anything that wasn't swimming...

My aubryi eat reptomin but not MAZURI. I'm happy giving them fish, though. My hatchling senegalensis, however, destroy the MAZURI, weird.
0432563b7b451b1289972117802c4e1d.jpg

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Gerards said:
How's the albino doing?

The albino is fantastic! There are now 2 others in the tank with her. A female southern painted about her size and a male RES slightly larger than the girls. He will be getting "the boot" soon and just the 2 girls will call that tank home. We don't want breeding or overcrowding. The RES and painted have been kept together in a friend's pond for a year or so. They were kept in a short quarantine since my friend had them so long together and knew their history. They are now in the tank and all 3 do great. They are fed Reptomin pellets, meal worms, dried shrimp, crickets, ghost shrimp, snails (the albino loves them) and a medley mix by Flukers. I also have some feeder fish in there. The feeders are guppy babies that Petsmart gives me for free. They have too many and its a sweet deal, I take them off their hands and have happy turtles ;) No eating of any vegetation yet. And now I'd also like to add the Mazuri to the diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.