current picture of my girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Thanks,I was at the pet store yesterday they had black mountain torts.selling them as Brown mountain .so I used the ol smart phone and let them know how to tell them apart.So I will not be getting one from those guys.The price on them was 400.00 was high for a three month old tort.

volcom6981

5 Year Member
If you look around on the Internet, you can find them for much cheaper. I have seen them for under 200, and the most I saw was 300. If its a tortoise you really want you can find them a little cheaper then what you found.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yep,I have been looking but really am trying to set up an outdoor enclosure for the little guy before I get one .maybe someone on the forum will be selling one soon I'd rather buy one from someone how knows what they got you know .people like emys emys that have been keeping them for years and knows was works well for these guys.She has some pretty tortoises.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Vic Morgan, in Florida, is the premier breeder of this species and he is a member here on the Forum. Several years ago I bought two hatchlings from him for $200 apiece. I don't know the current prices, but at that time, Vic's prices were right on the money.

volcom6981

5 Year Member
Does Vic have a website at all? I saw that Tyler at tortoise supply had some, but they were a little larger like at the 4 inch size. I did see a couple at other reptile websites, but wanted to see if Vic had any or a website.

Status
Not open for further replies.