CTTC show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
I have been attending meetings with my local California Turtle& Tortoise Club. They just announced we will be having a "show" at the end of May.

In this "show" we can bring our torts in and teach visitors about our shelled buddies and the husbandry methods we use.

I'm very excited! I will be taking my leopard tortoise and sharing about the humid way to raise them smooth. I'm building a display case, writing up a humid care sheet and putting together an enclosure portfolio!

I hope we (my leopard tortoise and I) can educate others about this great way to raise Leo babies!!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Team Gomberg said:
I have been attending meetings with my local California Turtle& Tortoise Club. They just announced we will be having a "show" at the end of May.

In this "show" we can bring our torts in and teach visitors about our shelled buddies and the husbandry methods we use.

I'm very excited! I will be taking my leopard tortoise and sharing about the humid way to raise them smooth. I'm building a display case, writing up a humid care sheet and putting together an enclosure portfolio!

I hope we (my leopard tortoise and I) can educate others about this great way to raise Leo babies!!

Where is the show located

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
It will be with the Chino Chapter.

I just (my husband just) built the display box today. Its a mini version of my outside pen. Just needs to be painted and decorated.

I have already printed up care sheets and started assembling pictures for comparison. Google gave me plenty of pyramiding leo's and I used some of the pictures of smooth leo's from here :)

I've got TFO info to give out too :)

Its coming along great!

The show will be at the end of May but what can I say, I like to prep early ;)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'll try to make it. Remind us when it gets closer. My little girl would love to see this.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I'll update here :)

Last month our president did an unofficial slide presentation with various turtles and torts. It was very neat to see such variations. I really liked it :)

The leopard tortoise slide caught my attention though.. It mentioned keeping them dry and that they do best with little humidity. This just added to my excitement! I can't wait to bring my guy in and share the humid way!!!

Tom, you'll recognize some of the links I'll be giving out and some of the pictures I'll be showing. :) hehe

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
Please post the location/ address of the show. Trying to determine what if any shows are in my area.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
http://www.tortoise.org/chino/calendar.html

The link to the Chino Chapter and Turtle Show flyer.

littlestella, you might be able to find a chapter near you. try to Google "CTTC northern california" and see what pops up :) Good luck!

Any southern California turtle lovers interested in attending a show?
2941jxk.png

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Thank you, Heather for posting this! :) I'm still trying to decide which of my shelled friends to bring.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So excited for you. Glad you get the chance to educate people on the proper way. The last reptile show I went to here near Chicago, well, lets just say some of the members need an education, let alone the public.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I will go!

How cool would it be for a few of us to meet up with Heather at a specific time and meet each other?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Kimber, can't wait to see what you bring!
I vote for you to bring an adult Leopard but that's just because I want to see them ;)

Kathy, that would be awesome if you come!

It would be great to meet some TFO members. :)

Heather
sent while on my purple android TFOapp

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Good for you Heather! I do wish I can go too. I haven't heard of one here in the panhandle of Florida. I've heard of a show in the Miami area, but that would be like driving to another state for me (8+hours). I excited for you. It's nice to know that our members are helping to educate the public on the care of torts.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Yay! Stop by and say hi :)

I just got home from setting up tonight. I'm all ready to go!

I'm in the first room and you'll see me right when you walk in the door.

Heather

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I had an amazing time at the show! I also got invited to present at the OC chapter in August.

Today I met some TFO members and shared the humid way with many new people.

I'll be uploading pics tonight so you all can get a "virtual presentation" of my table :D
**Tom, email me any good pics of my table you may have gotten! If you got any of me presenting, Id love to have those, too :) I forgot to have anyone take any of me lol

Heather

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Heather,

I went to this event with my husband and met my sister there. I forgot what type of tortoise you were bringing. I feel like I talked to everyone :). It was a great show. We bought plants, Mazuri, seeds and some fun things. It was very well organized, great people, beautiful torts.
I joined the club with the nice guy at the door.
I had a great time.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I'm so bummed I had to work and couldn't meet everyone today. :( Hope you enjoyed some of my tortoises and box turtles. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.