Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayti

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ashland, Oregon
South FL Katie said:
Its hard to tell from the pictures but his shell does look weird. I keep flip flopping about whether to just go get him and rehome him later but I'm worried about Cody catching something if it happens to be sick.

You should definitely keep him in a different room and wash in-between them, if you do get him! (But I'm sure you knew that)
I think the chances of Cody catching anything are slim if you're careful.
Good luck!

South FL Katie

5 Year Member
Coral Springs, FL
The tortoise is on his way here now, he won't be staying permanently but for a little while to make sure he's stable enough for shipping and has eaten a healthy diet and gotten some sun, exercise and hydration.
I haven't seen him yet, my fiance is driving back home with him (it was about an hour and a half south of us and it's rush hour lol) he said he's pretty badly deformed and was in a very small plastic carrying cage eating iceberg lettuce and had meal worms in there too! ugh. Poor thing :( I'll post pics later tonight

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
Thank you so much for getting him!!!
It's so horrible to think of how he must look and how poorly he was kept.

I can't wait to see his new pictures and meet him once he is healthy enough for the trip.

S

Scooter

APBT_Fanatic, I am so glad you can take him! Katie I didn't realize he was that far from you, I'm so glad he is in better hands now!

djsansone

5 Year Member
i live in port saint lucie i could talk to my brother to see if he wanted him if you wouldnt mind driving up here with him.... he does look in bad shape. his shell seems unproportional.

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
djsansone said:
i live in port saint lucie i could talk to my brother to see if he wanted him if you wouldnt mind driving up here with him.... he does look in bad shape. his shell seems unproportional.

Thank you for the offer; however, he is going to come live with me in Cali if/when he gets better and starts eating! :)

South FL Katie

5 Year Member
Coral Springs, FL
Thank you! Yes, he has a home lined up if he does become adoptable. As of now he's not healthy enough for traveling and adjusting to a new home again but we're hopeful that he will make a turn-around and be well enough to go live in California with Kelly :)

Riperoo

5 Year Member
If anything falls through with the home you have lined up with ABPT, let me know, he would have a home with me also.

Status
Not open for further replies.