Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayti

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ashland, Oregon
South FL Katie said:
They're the same tortoise just different adds. Anyone want a baby sulcata?!

You should go get him! He looks like he's in pretty bad shape. And that person looks like they don't give a care what happens to him :( If you pick him up, you can make sure he goes to a home where he can have a chance, at least.

Peer pressure! Peer pressure! :)

South FL Katie

5 Year Member
Coral Springs, FL
I know, I'm tempted especially because I feel so bad for it. I wish I had a home lined up first though and really would rather have another leopard than a sulcata.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Everyone should have one sulc.

South FL Katie

5 Year Member
Coral Springs, FL
hahaha you guys are terrible influences!

Even my fiance says we should just go get him and find him a home...but what if we don't find him a home? He could be the next Bob! lol Love that crazy sulcata haha

S

Scooter

I'm in North Florida but if I was closer to him I would pick him up in a heart beat.

S

Scooter

I'm in Jacksonville. My schedule this week is not good for traveling but I could check next week

South FL Katie

5 Year Member
Coral Springs, FL
If you definitely want him ill pick him up and keep him for you until we can work out travel arrangements. Do you think you could make it to the orlando area?

S

Scooter

Do you know what the guy is asking for him? I will have to do some schedule and enclosure checking. I need to make sure I can properly house him before I commit.

South FL Katie

5 Year Member
Coral Springs, FL
He's asking for $50 but I'm hoping I can talk him down a bit.
I understand, take your time and let me know what you decide. Thanks!

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
Scooter do you think you can take him?

I am in Southern California, and could take him, but am hoping to get another sulcata (not hatchling) from somebody local who is giving it away for free on CL, and who also doesn't know what type of tortoise it is. Oy!

If that tortoise doesn't work out, and if Scooter doesn't take this one, maybe I can help. I really want to get the other Sulcata from those people though, but if that doesn't work out, I will let you know.

Is the back of his shell deformed??

S

Scooter

I would love to take him but don't think it would be a good idea right now. I already have one new tort in quarantine and not sure I really have room to take in another at the moment.

South FL Katie

5 Year Member
Coral Springs, FL
Its hard to tell from the pictures but his shell does look weird. I keep flip flopping about whether to just go get him and rehome him later but I'm worried about Cody catching something if it happens to be sick.

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
I should know hopefully this evening or tomorrow about the other sulcata. Still waiting to hear back from the owner.

How long is proper quarantine for a tortoise?

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
South FL Katie, I will take him.

I have not heard back from the person with the other tortoise, but if they reply, I will just take in both.

Please get him as soon as you have a chance, and I can send you my address, etc.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.