Could this have come OUT of my Desert Tortoise?

JohnnyB65

Location (City and/or State)
Southern CA High Desert
I believe it to be some sort of Questionable Discharge from my tortoise because he is the only creature in this section of his fenced area. Now Last month or maybe longer I did see him eat some polyurethane foam. This has some white spots that might be foam, but could something this large pass through this long after?

I’m just totally grossed out at this and I’m trying to get up the nerve to pike it up and look at it more carefully. :eek:

Questionable%20Tortoise%20Discharge_zpszj83qyex.jpg

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
Really! Wow I have never seen anything this size in all these 7 or 8 years. I don't know where hes been going if they are this size, but I haven't seen it.LOL

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
.... and yes, it can take a long time for things to pass through a tortoise. :)

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
Well the only thing this could be was the foam he ate awhile back because this just isn’t normal for him.

When I first saw it I thought it was a dead bird and then I thought maybe a rat as I got closer. Now that I think about it, I don’t think he has passed anything since he ate the foam. I have to say one thing that he has been feeling his oats today. LOL

I’m glad this has happened because I have been wondering about the foam and I can not see what is in his burrow.

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
Gross!
But probably good news.
I apologize for the photo. I honestly wasn’t sure what it was because I just have never seen anything like it. It definitely doesn’t look like anything else that he passed.
For a brief moment I even questioned his sex wondering if maybe it was an egg or something, but ruled that out pretty quick. LOL :D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Don't apologize.
All of this sort of information is fascinating.
If a little horrid.
Thanks for posting.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I believe it to be some sort of Questionable Discharge from my tortoise because he is the only creature in this section of his fenced area. Now Last month or maybe longer I did see him eat some polyurethane foam. This has some white spots that might be foam, but could something this large pass through this long after?

I’m just totally grossed out at this and I’m trying to get up the nerve to pike it up and look at it more carefully. :eek:

Questionable%20Tortoise%20Discharge_zpszj83qyex.jpg

Turd.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
You needn't apologize...after all, what's the forum for? Try to keep calm: at least it's OUT!