Cosmo my new Tortoise!

Ladyfish

Location (City and/or State)
Alaska
Hey there!

My name is Melissa, me and my husband recently adopted a Russian Tortoise that was being re-homed.
I joined here to learn as much as I can and make sure he is well taken care of, (Based on perusing the forums I'm pretty sure mine is a boy.) we have other reptile experience,(snakes and things) but no tortoises. The main challenge for us is that we live in Alaska, so an outdoor enclosure is more difficult, and too cold for much of the year. (Though I want to build an outdoor run for during the day for next summer.) So any ideas on the best things to do for an indoor tortoise would definitely be appreciated!
Thanks!

This picture is Cosmo. ☺️ We named him that because of the Russian tortoises we went around the moon on Zond 5, a Russian capsule. Russian astronauts are cosmonauts, so Cosmo. ❤️

image.jpeg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Ladyfish

Alaska
Thanks!
I've seen those two, I've actually refered to them several times when unsure.
I'll definitely check out the one in Sweden! I want my guy happy and healthy!

Lu_x85

Welcome to the forum! What a gorgeous tort Cosmo is! Would be great to see pictures of your enclosure set up when you get chance. Enjoy the forum! :)

Ladyfish

Alaska
Thanks! When I get a chance I'll get a picture, though we just got him like 2 days ago so he's still in a temporary home, a tank. I want to get or build something larger. Probably a tortoise table since we're limited to indoors, particularly this time of year.