Constant Heat in Nighttime Enclosure?

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Coeur D Alene,ID
Hello I am wondering if it's best to heat a Sulcata tortoises nighttime enclosure or if it's best to let the Tortoise cool at night to a 70-75 degree temp so she can have a cool down cycle at Night. I keep her Nighttime enclosure Dark and at 82 degrees all day and night with a Ceramic Heater Bulb. Is that best for the Tortoise to constantly provide a 82 degree temp in her Nighttime enclosure? She also has a Hide inside of her Nighttime Enclosure to Cool down if 82 degrees is to warm.

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Coeur D Alene,ID
Hello I am wondering if it's best to heat a Sulcata tortoises nighttime enclosure or if it's best to let the Tortoise cool at night to a 70-75 degree temp so she can have a cool down cycle at Night. I keep her Nighttime enclosure Dark and at 82 degrees all day and night with a Ceramic Heater Bulb. Is that best for the Tortoise to constantly provide a 82 degree temp in her Nighttime enclosure? She also has a Hide inside of her Nighttime Enclosure to Cool down if 82 degrees is to warm.
Here is a Pic of her Nighttime Enclosure 12 in x 2ft..The Entrance/Exit is under her loft.IMG_20211107_115314.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sulcatas are a tropical species. They live in the ground over there, and ground temps vary between 80-85 all year long. This species does not need a night time cool down and that would not be good for it. Temperate species like Russians or greeks need a night time could down.

Likewise, every day over there is roasting hot. Day time ambient temps should climb into the low 90s, in addition to a basking area near 100. The night time cool down would be from 93 down to 80.