Confused.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esiotort

5 Year Member
Ve just read on tortsmad. That Leo's are not that clever and some need putting in their hide at night if they don't get there themselves. I know they like to borrow down. What do you guys pack your hides out with?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME.:D Leopards do not burrow under the ground like in a tunnel. They may do so under grass, weeds etc. Also, they are clever,. Some torts of all species may have to be put in their houses until they learn the routine. Stick around on this forum and you will find that most info out there on the internet is either wrong or outdated.
BTW, I own a leopard and the reason I got one, not only are they beautiful, but they don't burrow under ground.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Mine didn't go in his hide but they are intelligent ;) and like Wellington said I got mine because they don't dig all that much!

Esiotort

5 Year Member
Thanks guys I give up on the Internet lol. Look out for more Q's. Thanks for the info.

Esiotort

5 Year Member
Ello! What do you guys put on the bottom under the bedding of your tables to soak up any wet so it's not absorbed by the wood? X

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
We fill our hide with sphagnum moss.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I like to pile up a bunch of cypress mulch in one area in the enclosure. Mine will find a way to burrow into it and cover themselves up. They don't scratch at dirt, but they will burrow under the lightweight mulch.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Mine don't burrow but they are really great at hide and seek. They can find some great spots. two of mine prefer their hides which are big upside-down rubbermaid containers with a side cut out. One prefers to find new and interesting locations, anywhere form bushes, to digging in leaves to climbing behind boards. Leopards are clever for sure.

Esiotort

5 Year Member
I've just read about lining the table with a cut up shower curtain but im worried he might eat it?????

Mrsgnt

5 Year Member
UK
Esiotort said:
I've just read about lining the table with a cut up shower curtain but im worried he might eat it?????

I've done mine with pond liner and I've just made the substrate a bit higher at the sides to cover it. He has managed to find it a couple of times and had a little taste once but didn't bother after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.