COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Did anyone happened to see this fri night. My son lives in Michigan and took these. With the naked eye you could barely see color. But when he took a picture you could really see the different colors.
View attachment 370457
View attachment 370458View attachment 370465View attachment 370468View attachment 370469
Maybe that's what happened to me when I saw it. The colors were light but you could tell something special was going on anyway because of the special colors constantly changing..

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all. It's pouring down here so Lola won't be going out today. The thunder eventually arrived yesterday and rumbled around for a while but nothing much in the way of lightning displays or rain.
I'm waiting for a parcel so won't be going anywhere until that arrives - plenty of chores to do to keep me busy though.
Have a good Monday.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I was doing some research about the River Thames.
Also finally learned the proper annunciation. 😂
One thing too about UK rivers is that we always put the word River before the name of whatever it is - I think in other countries, the word River would usually come after its name - eg the Colorado River. I only realised this when thinking about your post.
Angie

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
We don't make it easy with our spellings. Just think 'tens' but with an m so 'tems' :)
I used top work with the "UK Contingent".....they would teach me a new "English" word daily..............
LOL

Real estate agent coming in a half hour. The funny thing is that for 5 months we have been moving my stuff over and readying this home for sale....and its coming at the worst possible time to sell in over 20 years! LOL
For instance, the interest rate for buyers increased each and every week for the past 5....

Ah well it could be worse....we could be in a position where we HAD to sell. Thankfully we aren't....but not really sure what we will do as I don't really want to rent it out.

At least the sun finally came out.....nothing like rain-testing a new sunroom carpet for 3 straight days!
20240513_101034.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I used top work with the "UK Contingent".....they would teach me a new "English" word daily..............
LOL

Real estate agent coming in a half hour. The funny thing is that for 5 months we have been moving my stuff over and readying this home for sale....and its coming at the worst possible time to sell in over 20 years! LOL
For instance, the interest rate for buyers increased each and every week for the past 5....

Ah well it could be worse....we could be in a position where we HAD to sell. Thankfully we aren't....but not really sure what we will do as I don't really want to rent it out.

At least the sun finally came out.....nothing like rain-testing a new sunroom carpet for 3 straight days!
View attachment 370590
Same in UK not a great time to sell with high interest rates and falling house prices, but good luck with it, you've worked hard on it.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yep but I had to have our yard mowed also . 🤔 cause the grass grew like a a hay field. We narrowly missed a citation. Somehow that doesn't seem fair because it's only the 10th and our city is supposedly conservationists 😉
And well if they try to site us for milk weed I've allowed to grow I'll have to do something about it. For the monarchs.😊

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
He still won't eat dried grass though so still fussy
Opo didn't eat dry grass either. But the last 2 late winters, early springs. Has been so dry,Opo has started eating dry grass also. The back yard has a 10' diameter of green grass now. Everything else is burnt. I have another area of pasture grass that is doing ok. But I see Opo often grazing in the burnt grass.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Ray, you need help....LOL

I'm beat up today...FUBAR is what the mirror tells me. Yesterday was moving day...big truck, lots of help too. All the youngest and strongest of our kids with their respective boyfriend/girlfriends showed to help Kerry and I. Thank God for them....I would still be loading while clutching my chest hollering about seeing Louise! Only old folks here will "get that" reference...from an American TV show(my UK friend get passes)

20240514_184004~3.jpg20240514_183839.jpg

It's all done except the bikes and my little car. 99% of everything else that's coming over here, is here!

The observant person will notice something throughout this move.....
no furniture!
All my rooms including bedroom's are fully furnished of course, we just don't need the furniture here. Other than the 3 pieces of my refinished brown bedroom, EVERYTHING can convey, including the cool remote control blinds!
The only piece of furniture we have brought over is the bookcase in these pics.

At least that was the plan before Kerry refinished the dining room set and saw the quality of the pieces, now she's thinking....hmmmm. She has a nice set- "country" which isn't my fav but I'm good with either set. I got a note this morning from Wonder woman....the rest is easy!

Speaking of...
Wonder woman had to go to work today, I don't know how she did it. I'm sewing the holes in my cape today....

Enjoy the day guys!