COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I am humbled again by how decent some folks can be. I had a brushpile probably 10x10x10....blocking part of the fence. Sticks to 6"logs & 2 years old.

I texted my yard guy at 9am this morning & told him that I was in a jam that the fence painter was coming on Saturday. He works for the State in their Natural Resources dept writing specs for RFP's so he has a full time job!! He got here around 5pm

This used to be higher than my neighbors shed!
View attachment 369628
All that's left are the leaves.....

I am so thankful for guys like him.
I'm glad you got the help you needed. Especially for that type of job. Moving is so hard and selling a house at the same time would be double trouble and just plain crazy. I can see a little table and chairs in there for morning coffee

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Yes, I am fortunate to get help so fast too. I chalk it up to years of heavy tipping. The table/chairs is up on the deck but I get it....Erin wasn't to put her blow-up hot tub over there.

I replaced the Evap coil in the AHU yesterday...it even fit but it was a very tight fit!
I will run the refrigerant lines & Tstat wiring today....maybe. LOL

Kerry is leaving for Aunt Gloria's funeral in NY this afternoon. She was a cool lady too.....she got on the trampoline at 89 at a family party and was doing jumps, layouts and sits....probably 8 or 10 feet high too!
A lot of cool women in that family. I got a special dispensation not to attend as I'm just a little busy these days.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Yes, I am fortunate to get help so fast too. I chalk it up to years of heavy tipping. The table/chairs is up on the deck but I get it....Erin wasn't to put her blow-up hot tub over there.

I replaced the Evap coil in the AHU yesterday...it even fit but it was a very tight fit!
I will run the refrigerant lines & Tstat wiring today....maybe. LOL

Kerry is leaving for Aunt Gloria's funeral in NY this afternoon. She was a cool lady too.....she got on the trampoline at 89 at a family party and was doing jumps, layouts and sits....probably 8 or 10 feet high too!
A lot of cool women in that family. I got a special dispensation not to attend as I'm just a little busy these days.
I agree about tipping good. Being a union representative most of my career. I have always tipped well to the working class. I guess many people here in my area don't tip. When a service person comes and performs a task. I am always tipping them at least a 20.00. When they say thank you very much or you don't have to do that. I tell them I have been a union man all my adult life. And I appreciate the work they have done. It's my way of promoting unions. In a very anti union state.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
That help is a double edged sword I learned today. Andrew was back to finish cleaning the leaves from the corner.

I had texted my son earlier to see if he would help me move the condensing unit today after work. It was still about 25ft away from it's pad. I ran the refrigerant lines stubbed outside but couldn't proceed until the unit was placed on the pad.

Andrew is 6-4 1/2" tall....he is young, fit and very strong. So I said, "Andrew, while you are here, can you help me move this"

So he did..................he walked over, looks at it... Then looked at me and said, "You good to pick it up?"

It weighs 225lbs

"Yup"

So we did.

It didn't feel that heavy at the time and we moved it and he left.

...........................and now I need a hospital, or maybe just a quart of morphine....LOL

20240424_172042.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Nice pics, nice presentation too.

N, I think Mark said it was a Eastern Bluebird.

The silent check valve I bought, leaked Ray. It was the clear kind...fwiw. Kerry dropped it off to return it. I am going to get another kind though, it made a huge difference!!

My AC buddy with the gauges and vacuum pump is traveling and will come out on Monday. It's cool, no it's been cool so its not an issue. I can take my time(like I have been doing) and will connect and braze all of the piping, taking care not to frag either piece of equipment. I can connect the elect and just not install the outdoor fuse. When Bobby comes over, we'll pull a vacuum on the closed system to remove particulates before opening the unit valves and seeing if the "charged to 15ft" on the outdoor unit is really true! LOL

I told my yard guy I was going to sell my house when he was here.....and he was really touched. I didn't realize that I was his first and one of his best clients. He asked how much of course (he lives 2 blocks away)and I told him I really don't know yet. I invited him in to see how big it is but his 6 year old was waiting in the truck. He sent a very nice text after he left. Pretty neat.

I'm finally wearing down.....I get overtired then can't wind down.......but I do it over and over and ...

LOL

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Nice pics, nice presentation too.

N, I think Mark said it was a Eastern Bluebird.

The silent check valve I bought, leaked Ray. It was the clear kind...fwiw. Kerry dropped it off to return it. I am going to get another kind though, it made a huge difference!!

My AC buddy with the gauges and vacuum pump is traveling and will come out on Monday. It's cool, no it's been cool so its not an issue. I can take my time(like I have been doing) and will connect and braze all of the piping, taking care not to frag either piece of equipment. I can connect the elect and just not install the outdoor fuse. When Bobby comes over, we'll pull a vacuum on the closed system to remove particulates before opening the unit valves and seeing if the "charged to 15ft" on the outdoor unit is really true! LOL

I told my yard guy I was going to sell my house when he was here.....and he was really touched. I didn't realize that I was his first and one of his best clients. He asked how much of course (he lives 2 blocks away)and I told him I really don't know yet. I invited him in to see how big it is but his 6 year old was waiting in the truck. He sent a very nice text after he left. Pretty neat.

I'm finally wearing down.....I get overtired then can't wind down.......but I do it over and over and ...

LOL
You have been busy.
Goggle photos sends me a group of similar photos everyday. They do the presentation. They show me pics, I haven't seen in years. But when I go to Goggle photos I can't find them.🤪🤪