COLD DARK ROOM

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
Kerry drank coffee yesterday at 2pm....she and I are chatting at 1am. Poor girl...she mowed and put product on the yard...shes beat up.

I finished my drywall hole and set my barrel....today I backfill. 3 yds, 450 shovel gulls.....and my body feels it!
View attachment 369573
A anode bolted to the barrel will keep it protected for many years. Not permanent but simple.
The guy will do the driveway, sidewalk and porch on the 20th. That gives me a chance to get the moving trucks filled and gone before the driveway is prettied up.
View attachment 369572
Here is the "Before"

I feel for you guys with those draconian HOA's. I didn't take my Subnados to Fl a few weeks ago because the HOA wouldn't permit them in the pool.

Tangentially related, what do you think of the electric anodes for water heaters?

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Tangentially related, what do you think of the electric anodes for water heaters?
Required...with today's water heaters as the tanks are cathodacally (sp)protected from the house piping system so they need to be cathodicaly protected separately which is what the anode within the heater is for. PITA! We used to protect the whole system with a ground to the electrical system.

Separately;
"Like it never even happened"
20240421_103651.jpg
Kerry unloaded and moved the mulch from my truck and like a 5 yr old I played in the dirt.
Cool days here though in the 60s thankfully.

We have marble chip coming later and more mulch....we are putting into locations but not opening anything for 2 more weeks...we get lots of tree stuff in the spring. This week it's pollen

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
In layman's terms, the anode rod runs down the middle of the hot water heater. It is a softer metal then the steel walls of the heater. So the corrosion of the water. Will corrode the anode rod and not the walls of the hot water heater.
That's why the anode is called a sacrifice metal. Usually made out of magnesium or aluminum.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Mag or Zinc but close enough....like you said, "laymens terms"

I forget that freshwater boaters don't deal with "zincs" on a hull/ engine skag l;ike we have to here.

The rod I sunk with the barrel was one of these copper covered Mag rods.
20240422_095632.jpg

I reached out to my yard guy this morning to get here this week to remove my 12' high brush pile of sticks, logs and other assorted dead stuff. He is an ACE and will get it for me today or tomorrow. I added to it by cutting down a 4" wild cherry tree near my parking pad this morning. I also moved the marble stone we got yesterday to the back yard, all 1,600 lbs.

I'm going to relax and fold laundry...it's amazing how much there is when Kerry comes over! LOL

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Saw them mentioned when I was looking at water heaters a while back and was just looking for opinions. They're usually made from titanium and aren't sacrificial; they use current to prevent corrosion.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Electronic cathodic protection is different in method but identical in result as a sacrificial anode. I didn't know you were talking about the electronic type J as few folks even know about them. Were you in the Navy? They use that on ships. There is still a point of corrosion....but it may be internal to the unit. They eliminate normal maintenance/replacement of the anode
though.

Got the laundry done, then got side tracked and dug around in the dirt.

Can we all guess where the marble chip is going? I have 45 pavers like the ones on the drain off camera.
20240422_113321.jpg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Kerry drank coffee yesterday at 2pm....she and I are chatting at 1am. Poor girl...she mowed and put product on the yard...shes beat up.

I finished my drywall hole and set my barrel....today I backfill. 3 yds, 450 shovel gulls.....and my body feels it!
View attachment 369573
A anode bolted to the barrel will keep it protected for many years. Not permanent but simple.
The guy will do the driveway, sidewalk and porch on the 20th. That gives me a chance to get the moving trucks filled and gone before the driveway is prettied up.
View attachment 369572
Here is the "Before"

I feel for you guys with those draconian HOA's. I didn't take my Subnados to Fl a few weeks ago because the HOA wouldn't permit them in the pool.
I was going to use a 2 drum septic for Opo's concrete soaking pond with a drain in the middle. One drum to collect the waste and the liquids would overflow into the 2nd drum setup for drainage. Then I read a few posts here. Where the members poured the concrete for the soaking pond. And their sulcata's wouldn't use it. So they busted up the concrete. There went that idea.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I am humbled again by how decent some folks can be. I had a brushpile probably 10x10x10....blocking part of the fence. Sticks to 6"logs & 2 years old.

I texted my yard guy at 9am this morning & told him that I was in a jam that the fence painter was coming on Saturday. He works for the State in their Natural Resources dept writing specs for RFP's so he has a full time job!! He got here around 5pm

This used to be higher than my neighbors shed!
20240422_192539.jpg
All that's left are the leaves.....

I am so thankful for guys like him.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Rose got home about 1am. She started inspecting the house and picking things up rearranging things. Then she was talking with her mother in their language. The tone was a little assertive to me. So I told we have had 10 days of no drama. So don't start now. 🤣