COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Hope folks on the East side of the US are beginning to dry out. I got home from Kerry's around noon today....boy we got a bit of rain but it was a "wet rain" not a "driving rain" so no yards were washed away this week! LOL

I got to Kerrys Fri and she was still at work so I helped her by hanging up some jackets and stuff....that's when i saw it, hiding under a coat she doesn't wear.....I know what it is, I've seen it before! I have not confronted her yet over it but it sure explains quite a bit over the past 12 years of how she effortlessly keeps up with me.
So....here it is....

View attachment 361797

The play, actually a Musical was great! The Director did a fantastic job casting 3 folks with stage talent and borrowing from the local choir to get some voices...and they had a great opening night! A good way to end the week.

We went grocery shopping in the rain Sat morn and got there when they opened, the rest of the world was walking in the doors as we were leaving so good move!

Stopped by the bank and went up to the local motorcycle shop to settle up for Kerry's bike. I just didn't have the time so Bill put on new tires, balanced it all, rebuilt the carbs, changed the oil, filters and new battery. Bill is a good guy and didn't want to charge her b/c she gave him that other bike last Spring. I explained on Fri on my way over to Kerry's when I stopped so we could BS for a while, that he fixed her bike for me and he didn't really have a choice, NAND(no argument, no discussion) so now she's golden. 1982 GS450L w/ 7,500 miles. The Zuk is nice....soft but nice and fits her 5-4 frame perfectly.

That's all we did, all day.....we did see some grass growing that we sowed last weekend...so there's that! A great w/e.....I left around 10am so she could get to her stuff. She's up at school with a team mate doing lesson plans for next week.

Her and I are going to have a talk about what I found......but I'm not sure how to broach the subject. I'm patient though so I can think this through. I'm thinking that I might cause us to be invited to a Costume party for Halloween, then just see what she shows up in?

Enjoy the day guys....

Haven't seen Lyn lately...she good?
Yes I've been missing Lyn and Lola too. I still haven't figured what in the heck you found that gave you a clue about anything 😊 I'll be sitting on pins and needles in the meantime.waiting to see what Kerri has to say.🤗

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Yes I've been missing Lyn and Lola too. I still haven't figured what in the heck you found that gave you a clue about anything 😊 I'll be sitting on pins and needles in the meantime.waiting to see what Kerri has to say.🤗

Ms Cathie...........you of all people here should know what you were looking at.

It's her Wonder Woman cape! I didn't even have to take it out to know what it was.....she's been hiding this from me for a dozen years!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It looks like some sort of super person costume that she goes into the phone booth and changes into in order to keep up with Jeff.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
My mum was English and dad was Malaysian and in the seventies we lived in Sabah Malaysia (North Borneo). We spent one weekend staying at the Mount Kinabalu resort and mum and I took a walk in the jungle alone and on the path mum saw a brown snake with a red head. I didn't see it but I was aware that mum was jabbing at something with a stick. She later described it to me and when we met one of the rangers they said it was a Krait Snake which is very poisonous! I was so proud of mum for seeing it off!

I will also be eternally grateful to dad because he taught us to always use a stick and the Malaysian countryside and we found out why!
Hmmm.
I spent a couple of years working and living in Thailand and often visited Malaysia, Laos, Vietnam etc. My main job was working with tigers, but I obviously encountered lots of other beasties and kraits were not uncommon. Several different species., Kraits are nocturnal and only eat snakes and occasionally other small reptiles or mice. In the daytime, they will often find a path where they can bask in the sun while sleeping.
If humans come along and wake them, their first defence is to flee, secondly to wrap up in a ball with the head hidden under the rest of the body and, finally, out of desperation they may bite if the human won't go away.
Wandering about poking kraits with a stick is cruel and utterly unnecessary.
And they are not poisonous, they are venomous.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Since @Tidgy's Dad is visiting again, I thought of him when this popped up on Twitter.

All aboard London’s floating restaurant that’s devoted to cheese! The Cheese Barge is a 96ft double-decker barge moored on the iconic Regent’s Canal in Paddington and is a floating homage to all things cheese 🧀 @thecheesebarldn

📍The Cheese Barge
#LetsDoLondon #VisitLondon
One is very much hoping that someone will steal this boat and sail it to Morocco,

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I need to go do some reading, I thought those were the deadly sea snakes---banded kraits....or are there different species, land and sea? That would be odd, right?

Wow TD, so I know I'm way behind the curve since I don't yet know you...diplomat, Teacher or just independently wealthy? You sound very well-traveled!

My cheese fetish was broken when I went to Philly as an adult with my kids, did all the Patriot stuff then an original Philly cheesesteak sub.....and they slapped the cheesewiz out of a #10 can! It was heartbreaking!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Cute huh.elizabeth his wife is a girl after my heart too. It's a family affair with loving reptiles. I'll be getting pictures from nature in the Death Valley one way or the other.😬

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hmmm.
I spent a couple of years working and living in Thailand and often visited Malaysia, Laos, Vietnam etc. My main job was working with tigers, but I obviously encountered lots of other beasties and kraits were not uncommon. Several different species., Kraits are nocturnal and only eat snakes and occasionally other small reptiles or mice. In the daytime, they will often find a path where they can bask in the sun while sleeping.
If humans come along and wake them, their first defence is to flee, secondly to wrap up in a ball with the head hidden under the rest of the body and, finally, out of desperation they may bite if the human won't go away.
Wandering about poking kraits with a stick is cruel and utterly unnecessary.
And they are not poisonous, they are venomous.
We had hog nosed snakes up in Michigan. The shape of the nose of the eastern hog nosed makes them look intimidating. There venom is mild and small animals are effected but generally not humans. They rarely bite and when threatened. They turn with their bellies facing up. To look like they are dead.Screenshot_20230925_204326_Google.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Hognose are cool snakes. In my old house in Severna Park, my neighbor thought it was a dangerous snake he had "wrangled" into his trash can. I poured it out and slapped the ground next to the snake and he rolled right over on his back, on cue!
Gerry near had a cow, he couldn't believe it. I was temped to tell him that you can do that to any snake to get them to flip on their backs, but I resisted. LOL

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Bored to tears here today

Rain, rain go away
Come again another day

God, is it "Noah time" again?

Jeez......I think it's been raining, for YEARS! LOL

Dreary weather here again and I hate driving both ways to work in the rain but I haven't looked at the maps, maybe it'll clear up sometime this week. The new grass loves it so that's good. The winds however have ripped 12,000 branches-too-big-for-robots. Suffice to say guys, I'm not only getting my 10K steps, I'm getting a deep knee bend with each pickup.....superman gets his exercise in odd ways.

Daughter and BF are here, packing her car and making multiple trips! How Wonderful!!! LOL
It's really nice having her here but I'm loving the exodus of her things to her new home. I'm very happy for her and very proud of her!

Astound cable just bought our local Broadstripe cable service a few months ago. Broadstripe was great, I even talked to their TV commercial girl a couple of times when I called but Astound made a change, no more free tv running on the cable. I found the notice on channel 10;

"EVERY tv must have Astound equipment connected to it" (@5bucks a month, per box).

The TV is still free and no change to the streaming platforms so Roku and all are still good. Don't we all have multiple tv's now?

No Mr Astound, you will not force me to have equip in my home so you can charge me to use it, my choice, not yours! It's why I own my modem.

My solution,, I flipped my bedroom TV to "Antenna" and b/c it won't rotate with the switch anymore, I ordered a new HD antenna for my roof for $25 bucks. I can pull Balt and DC...........53 clear channels(mostly 20yr old tv though, just being honest) and all my animal shows & docu's are on Roku. so I'm golden. I don't watch modern tv often, I don't find it entertaining although I will admit that Kerry and I are looking forward to the next season of Ghosts on Paramount. That show is super well written and funny as heck!

I don't mind spending money when I choose to but I have a real tough time having it dictated to me. Far as I know, I "must" pay taxes and die...that's bout it, right? That's like Ford telling me two years ago to send them 150 bucks for a Nav update. Really? I bought your truck Ford, you might want not to do that! I just found the workaround, Cyan labs, free Sync updates that have been certified by Ford IT techs as being a solid upgrade with no carryon bad things!

enjoy the afternoon guys....

Hmmm, still haven't heard from Lyn?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Please could we see anymore photos @Cathie G .

Thankyou very much

Natrah
The best I can offer today is a bad picture taken through a dirty window. I've been wondering if I should keep my hummingbird feeder up. Then today I caught the little darling slurping the nectar after visiting the crepe myrtle blooms. Two more weeks to go IMG_20230926_130220680.jpg😊

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
I have a lizard or two that lives in my back yard and will show up out front on my porch. I not sure if it's the same one, or I have a hole family living in my yard. This is the first year that I seen them, not sure where they will go when it gets cold.

Attachments

• 20230813_121654.jpg
    20230813_121654.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230831_111500.jpg
    20230831_111500.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have a lizard or two that lives in my back yard and will show up out front on my porch. I not sure if it's the same one, or I have a hole family living in my yard. This is the first year that I seen them, not sure where they will go when it gets cold.
Cute. I'm thinking you have skinks. I'm not sure what my grandson has around him. He promised more pictures. He thinks Death Valley is really pretty in it's way. So do I from the pictures. He said it is really hot but there's always a breeze so it doesn't feel bad.