COLD DARK ROOM

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
I hate to think I will have to post instructions on things I have done all my adult life. 🙃
Up in Northern Michigan we removed the hummingbird feeders in the beginning of September. So they would start their migration. In MD you can probably wait a little longer before it gets to cold.

or you're posting them for Rose in case she needs to do it sometime ;)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
We have a 6 year old whirlpool refrigerator. The overhead light in the refrigerator has burnt-out. It is about 8"× 6" and has 2 rows of 4 led lights. The cost for the OEM light fixture is 269.00.😖😖

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
We have a 6 year old whirlpool refrigerator. The overhead light in the refrigerator has burnt-out. It is about 8"× 6" and has 2 rows of 4 led lights. The cost for the OEM light fixture is 269.00.😖😖

I found the same thing....nuts....and found a 12 dollar replacement. They are all pretty standard.....20230920_020612_HDR.jpg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I found the same thing....nuts....and found a 12 dollar replacement. They are all pretty standard.....View attachment 361552
I figured I would find a knockoff for cheaper. My eyes were hurting from looking at the phone screen.. Figured I look tomorrow.
Thanks for researching for me

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Slow Weds............blah......tjhis is cool

Mark will quickly recognize this......

This is near where I live now. At 15sec, my creek lines up directly behind the home on the small island. and it is also where I grew up as a teen. At 11 sec, I lived up that branch of the Magothy. Both islands were abandoned most of my adult life. The larger used to have wild goats in the 60s',

Both homes are relatively new...20 yrs or so. They weren't there when we were kids.
The home on the small island was built w/o a single permit. A guy who owns some cheesy used cars lots built it for him mom. He told the county to pound some of that sand 30 yrs ago. The county said it would raze the home. We all knew better.
The house is still there.

When we were kids in the 70's, The large island, Dobbins or Dutchship Island as well all called it, was Exploration Island when we were ten and Party Island by the time we were 13.....there was a big rope swing off the winward side bluff (till some kid from Long point shorted his jump and landed on rocks). There was also a shallow sandbar that ran between the islands. You could see for a mile in any direction so the Marine police never even had a chance of "sneaking up on us". We all had small jon boats or small vee boats. I was extra-cool though so I used to land my 8' Hydroplane on the leeward side on the beach along with the other small boats, the cruisers would anchor in the lagoon, where the end of the long dock is now, water is only 5' deep there, if that but all nice sand.

Good times....what a great place to grow up too!

I decided I'll cross the bridge this coming w/e, so Kerry doesn't have to. She's only 2-1/2 weeks into the school year and I think she might be reconsidering my "tase them" suggestion. The other was to hand out paper clips and play "Who can find the receptacle first".

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It looks very supple. I didn't know cactus could be made into leather.
Me neither until I saw it in an article on the CBS Saturday morning news. I tried to find it and couldn't really buy some then. Even though I found the 2 guys that make it in Mexico. I love working with it. Their company name is Desserto. I finally found places to buy it on Etsy.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Mine is also Whirlpool, 3-4 yrs old. french door. This is likely yours;

I bought this may/23

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BXXK48PV/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

it cost 17 now! I like it, it's nice and bright. Many seem to get bad reviews for light quality but this is a little brighter than factory lights were I think.
It's a mystery, I even called Whirlpool and after being on hold for 15 minutes I hung up.
I think I will remove the existing one and see if I can frankenstein something together with available parts.
20230920_163133.jpg20230920_173121.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
the OEM light assembly board # is W11125428 for your machine, I looked it up.

This is a replacement (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NJGQ4Y6/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20)
but I think once you open it up, you will be able to use one of these or similar;

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YTHH4ZS/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Finally, this link is the OEM board, you can see why I think you will be able to replace just the light modules, two wires each to the 4way connector! ...easy peasy!

Good luck Ray, your mission, should you decide to accept is to infiltrate and access said light fixture and prevent it from being a problem again, you know what to do...this message will sel.....

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
the OEM light assembly board # is W11125428 for your machine, I looked it up.

This is a replacement (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NJGQ4Y6/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20)
but I think once you open it up, you will be able to use one of these or similar;

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YTHH4ZS/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Finally, this link is the OEM board, you can see why I think you will be able to replace just the light modules, two wires each to the 4way connector! ...easy peasy!

Good luck Ray, your mission, should you decide to accept is to infiltrate and access said light fixture and prevent it from being a problem again, you know what to do...this message will sel.....

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I accept the mission! I will remove the original fixture. To see how many wires I am dealing with. Also make sure I can make the original plug or the new plug end work.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Just hope it all works out. If one of us has "fought the battle", there's no point in another having to reinvent the wheel to accomplish the same thing. We share.....about turtles, tanks, lights.....the bigger circle of life LOL

I tried to quit smoking cigs once in my 20's by only smoking weed.....,no......that didn't work out either. For me, I learned that setting yourself up for defeat is like giving up before you begin. Inside, I already know the outcome.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Okay girls, I tried a different angle yesterday because I haven't given up on the hydroplane! I warned her when we began dating. "keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times". I sent Kerry a text in the middle of the day, while she's teaching so I know she won't see it till after 3 or so.

"Now that we've agreed on the hydroplane, would you like to see a play tomorrow night?"

Then I just wait for my phone to ding..............

I get back a qk msg within an hour, 6 "thumbs up".....wow, this was easier than I thought. Then I get the call around 6pm.....by a voice that has obviously been through the ringer for 4 days......"I sure hope you are kidding about the boat"

I buckled, but we are seeing the Addams Family this evening....in a local theater in Chestertown, opening night for them.