COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Next door neighbor, who watches Sully, had a cute Boxie encounter today.we’re taking him to a safer spot.

Looks like a female

View attachment 275021 View attachment 275022 View attachment 275023 View attachment 275024 View attachment 275025 View attachment 275026

Awwww!!! This time of year does send the females into all places unpredictable.... I’m seeing lots of them here. My husband keeps telling me that he is seeing soft shelled turtles all the time... I NEVER see those.... ughhhhh!!!

What pretty vivid colors your visitor has!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I'm sure they will - I'm just glad I had a fleece jacket on to soften the blow a bit!
Good job I was just stepping back from the bin or I would have had concussion!!!
Who knew recycling good be so dangerous?:D

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Lyn, Me thinks you need that bubble!!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
cocos first time hearing darkside, was funny watching him tilt and and focus right into different songs before driffting away clearly lovimng it iView attachment 275035View attachment 275037
Hi John,
I can't see the pics yet but they will show up eventually there's always some sort of delay with certain formats - I'll look out for them!
Coco clearly has good taste!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Lola has had a busy day today and has been outside grazing on his clover patch for quite a lot of it.
It hasn't been that warm - cooler than I have usually let him out for in the past, but he has been waiting by the door so who am I to stop him?
He returns to his basking spot to recharge regularly so he should be OK.

They do have such personalities! I’m having trouble getting Toretto to go poop outside[emoji28]... my husband says leave him alone and eventually he will have to go but he will hold it for a solid week and quit eating unless I bring him in to the tub. I have got the new soak hole functional now and he will soak in it a little but I think he is too spoiled to the hot water in the house. I am warming it outside ( not that it’s cold by any means) but his highness will only stay if it’s steaming... [emoji35] He comes to the bathroom door that adjoins his yard and scratches to be let in!!! WHO KNEW????

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
They do have such personalities! I’m having trouble getting Toretto to go poop outside[emoji28]... my husband says leave him alone and eventually he will have to go but he will hold it for a solid week and quit eating unless I bring him in to the tub. I have got the new soak hole functional now and he will soak in it a little but I think he is too spoiled to the hot water in the house. I am warming it outside ( not that it’s cold by any means) but his highness will only stay if it’s steaming... [emoji35] He comes to the bathroom door that adjoins his yard and scratches to be let in!!! WHO KNEW????
It's funny how they show us what they want.
Lola has started pooping once a week recently which is a massive improvement for him - he sometimes only goes once a month!!
It probably is something to do with him being a lot more active. At the moment he is usually out of his hide and basking under a che before I get to get to him in the mornings but for the last year he would often not come out at all even in the summer. I don't know what has changed for him but he likes it better.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well I had better take myself off to bed, but first I have to check on the bee I rescued from a spider web this evening.
The spider was wrapping him up and he was buzzing for help so I couldn't ignore him.
I used a soft paintbrush to remove as much web as possible then misted him. I gave him some sugar water and when I last looked he was grooming himself and busy on some hebe flowers I put in his tub. I didn't think he'd make it as he looked pretty sorry for himself - he still may not live but hopefully he'll be OK.
I don't feel as if I deprived the spider of a good supper - there are plenty of flies around he can have - bees are precious!!
I just hope he doesn't get his mates to gang up on me while I am asleep
Anyway that was my good deed for the day but nos da for now and take care.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well I had better take myself off to bed, but first I have to check on the bee I rescued from a spider web this evening.
The spider was wrapping him up and he was buzzing for help so I couldn't ignore him.
I used a soft paintbrush to remove as much web as possible then misted him. I gave him some sugar water and when I last looked he was grooming himself and busy on some hebe flowers I put in his tub. I didn't think he'd make it as he looked pretty sorry for himself - he still may not live but hopefully he'll be OK.
I don't feel as if I deprived the spider of a good supper - there are plenty of flies around he can have - bees are precious!!
I just hope he doesn't get his mates to gang up on me while I am asleep
Anyway that was my good deed for the day but nos da for now and take care.

Well good luck little bee and Nos Da Lyn!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
It's not really a 'brand' per se. The guy who digs the well puts together the submersible pump, tank and all the electrical parts piece meal. But tomorrow I'll go out and see if there are any labels.
I haven't been here in a couple days so I might find a post from you in a bit. But if that is a pressure tank and what you are saying it is getting water logged. Then the rubber bladder has a hole in it. That is why your pump goes on and off. The system cant hold pressure to allow the limit switch to operate correctly.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Wow impressive growth! You have done well for him Ray.
Lovely birthday cake, he is a lucky boy!!!
Thanks Lyn, I was hoping for 10 lbs by 2 years old. Just missed it but when Opo had the pin worms. He only gained about 1/2 pound in 2 to 3 weeks. If not for that he would have broke the 10 lb mark.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Happy Birthday Opo!
I hope Daddy made you a lovely cake like this
images
Bought Opo's at a grocery store. Is that your monster? What a beauty.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
just a check in to say im no deid!!! still on that emational/mental rolllercoaster . still not even tryin to fight my deamons BUT , just about made peice with myself and fighin to keep on tortin! all in i still have some life in me!

wibble
Keep up the fight my friend. I am on the same roller coaster.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning and Happy Hump Day to you all.
I have 2 lovely big bruises across both my arms from a heavy rubber lid of a paper recycling bin which fell on them yesterday.
An employee of the tip came to my rescue immediately and at first I thought the wind had blown it shut.
However when I thought about it, it wasn't that windy so I think maybe the man who was behind it had pushed the lid to shut it and didn't see me.
My sister thinks I should start to wear hi-viz clothing and flashing lights because not being seen seems to be a regular problem I have!:(
I must stop wearing my invisibility cloak that Harry Potter sent me:D

Hope everyone has a good day!!
Be careful Lyn!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I am wondering about the transition with Opo. I started to use a different tub outside. Took him a few days to poop in there. Now no problems but if I don't soak him he wont poop.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well finally got caught up. After been here in a few days. I fixed the weak link in the water well and woke up Tuesday with no water again. Tried priming a few times no luck. Went to the hardware store and rented their hand pump. Tried drawing water with the hand pump with no luck. Went to the well head to try there. Still no luck :(. Took the well head apart to try and pull the water pick up pipe out of the well casing. After about 10 ft. the pick up pipe got stuck and wouldn't come up anymore. Went in the house and put my prosthetic arm on. Went back trying to get the pipe out. Got another 10 ft but that was it. To much calcium buildup on the well casing I thought. So I turned the pickup pipe counterclockwise to unscrew the check valve down there that was hanging me up. I figured I would put a check valve inline with pickup pipe I had already pulled up. The check valve unscrewed and pulled the pipe out. Put the hand pump on the well head and started pumping water. After pumping water into a 5 gallon pail I noticed broken up debris in the pail. Looked at it and it was tree roots. That meant 1 thing my well casing was bad.
So to shorten this already to long of a rant.
Getting a new well for 2100 dollars :(
P.S. no water right now :(