COLD DARK ROOM

Pastel Tortie

Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
Then after we got home, we let the dogs out for a swim...View attachment 273024View attachment 273025
Then we took a short paddle on the lake
View attachment 273026

Now.... I’m pooped.. son Wants to know when we can go back to the zoo and I just want to make sure that there is no alarm for tomorrow!!!! Night night Y’all!
Glad you got to enjoy the pond! In Florida, dogs don't get to swim very often, at least not in natural bodies of water. Too much risk from alligators.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I didn’t know the status of the tortoises at the zoo. They have a few others that didn’t make the post. I saw a Texas tortoise, some boxies, another gopher species and some different turtles as well. I have some questions about them also so I may try and find out..

Work is just day to day. There is no upper management right now and our people are at a loss... I know that there are lots of changes going on with this global uniting but we are seeing and hearing nothing.. I am assured that the company has plans for me but at this point, I’ll believe it when I see. I actually think I’m going to take a step back from rising on the corporate ladder and focus more on motherhood. I’m not quitting or anything but Jayden starts kindergarten this year and our public schools are horrible so I will be driving him to a better school. That will limit any travel for work for sure. His education must come first. We moved here when Ally was starting school to be close enough to her mother to still keep Ally 50/50... but that school was one town away and Joey did most of the driving. Jess already had a great start when we bought this house and there wasn’t going to be more children so our schools weren’t an issue...God had other plans so I can pick up on my career after he’s a bit bigger. It’s been driving me nuts but I think this all my final decision..
It is good to make a decision at least that gives you closure for yourself. And you cannot be disappointed with their decisions because you have already made your own. Good for you on owning your own destiny.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I didn’t know the status of the tortoises at the zoo. They have a few others that didn’t make the post. I saw a Texas tortoise, some boxies, another gopher species and some different turtles as well. I have some questions about them also so I may try and find out..

Work is just day to day. There is no upper management right now and our people are at a loss... I know that there are lots of changes going on with this global uniting but we are seeing and hearing nothing.. I am assured that the company has plans for me but at this point, I’ll believe it when I see. I actually think I’m going to take a step back from rising on the corporate ladder and focus more on motherhood. I’m not quitting or anything but Jayden starts kindergarten this year and our public schools are horrible so I will be driving him to a better school. That will limit any travel for work for sure. His education must come first. We moved here when Ally was starting school to be close enough to her mother to still keep Ally 50/50... but that school was one town away and Joey did most of the driving. Jess already had a great start when we bought this house and there wasn’t going to be more children so our schools weren’t an issue...God had other plans so I can pick up on my career after he’s a bit bigger. It’s been driving me nuts but I think this all my final decision..

The best investment one can make. Though you’re doing a lot of that already. I’m sure once he’s a couple years into school you’ll be able to see what’s best for your family. [emoji173]️ Good luck to Jayden transitioning into kindergarten!

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
...I am by no means shy or modest!! Mrs G actually mentioned she looked back at some of my pics for a giggle. ... wonder if we can find em all and get an album/calendar thread for me ;)

Which wouldn’t be for the faint of heart [emoji23][emoji23]
But we missed you hugely, nevertheless [emoji6]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
F7990043-7364-41B5-81D4-A229636DDE6B.jpg
Daughter is the little thing in the middle. [emoji4]

It’s local election campaign time in Denmark. Many campaign posters have been vandalized in Copenhagen (but not in Roskilde), which is a crime punishable by several years in prison.

IMG_2736.jpg
IMG_2738.jpg

Interestingly, punishment could be more severe than that for murder in some cases.

On the way back we also ran into a politician in Roskilde walking around with her donkey. I hear she’s a smart a-s. [emoji23][emoji85]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
View attachment 273054
Daughter is the little thing in the middle. [emoji4]

It’s local election campaign time in Denmark. Many campaign posters have been vandalized in Copenhagen (but not in Roskilde), which is a crime punishable by several years in prison.

View attachment 273055
View attachment 273056

Interestingly, punishment could be more severe than that for murder in some cases.

On the way back we also ran into a politician in Roskilde walking around with her donkey. I hear she’s a smart a-s. [emoji23][emoji85]
[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] Your daughters picture is not showing, BUT the politician pics are showing....YIPPPPPEEREE Not!! I would have preferred the pic of your daughter. I have never understood how messing up an object's punishment could be worse than the punishment for taking a life. This worlds justice system is really screwed up.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning all.

The in-laws were reasonably well behaved, partly because JoesDad’s brother turned up ... and without his other half who they are vile to.

Daughter has caught her first dormouse of the year. A boy of extremely healthy weight - 20 grammes (0.7 ounces)
IMG_0230.jpg

For those not familiar with Daughter. She is an ecologist who qualified for her license to monitor dormice last year. She has recently set up a monitoring site near her home in Hampshire as part of the Hampshire Wildlife Trust voluntary surveying group. Dormice aren’t actually mice - they just look like them. And they do sleep a lot as their name suggests.