COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning, Lena, Carol and any other early birds. Although it isn't very early. It is nearly 9am here which means it is 10am for Lena and 11am for Carol.

It is sunny and chilly here and we have a lazyish day planned. We need to rake leaves from the lawn and that's about it.

There will be plenty of time to watch the finals of the Tennis tournament on tv this afternoon :)
Hi Linda.
Enjoy the tennis.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Wow, you’re good at keeping track of all the time zones of the CDR!

I had the idea of going to a “byttemarked”, a version of a flea market to which you bring your junk (in decent standing) and can choose from somebody else’s junk (hopefully in good standing) in exchange. But it’s in Copenhagen and I might just do that in our local exchange market next Friday — on “Green” Friday.
Sounds like fun.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all sorry not about much really struggling at the moment with my back just checking in to c how everyone is n a little question any ideas y my tort Clyde is up at 3 am in the dark trashing his enclosure the sod him :D

Hi Laura

Sorry to hear your back is troubling you so much :(

And as for Clyde, he has obviously decided he wants to compete for the CDR’s Naughty Tortie trophy!
[emoji849]

He is up against stiff competition from Jacques, Lola and Oli.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I have cyclamen in my garden too. I think they have finished flowering. I will have a look when I go out to sweep leaves :)

As I thought, mine have all finished flowering and they’re all in full leaf now. They have obviously had a good year - there are loads of them! This a fraction of what’s there. They’re a nice splash of autumn colour :)
IMG_8981.jpg

Laura1412

5 Year Member
Mansfield Nottinghamshire United kingdom
Hi Laura

Sorry to hear your back is troubling you so much :(

And as for Clyde, he has obviously decided he wants to compete for the CDR’s Naughty Tortie trophy!
[emoji849]

He is up against stiff competition from Jacques, Lola and Oli.
Linda he’s up at 3am in the dark ransacking the encolsure I can’t understand y he’s changed lol I hope your ok too :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Linda he’s up at 3am in the dark ransacking the encolsure I can’t understand y he’s changed lol I hope your ok too :)
Joe was doing that when I had him in one winter. I couldn't sleep for his clattering about. How dark is it in the room where he is Laura? Can you make it darker? That might help.

Laura1412

5 Year Member
Joe was doing that when I had him in one winter. I couldn't sleep for his clattering about. How dark is it in the room where he is Laura? Can you make it darker? That might help.
It’s pitch black Linda it’s my living room curtains are closed all lights off I wondered if it’s because we have ad a new room thermostat for the central heating n that’s on a couple of times a night n he feels warm but like u he’s clattering n banging at 3am until his lamps come on at 7

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It’s pitch black Linda it’s my living room curtains are closed all lights off I wondered if it’s because we have ad a new room thermostat for the central heating n that’s on a couple of times a night n he feels warm but like u he’s clattering n banging at 3am until his lamps come on at 7

It might be because it’s warmer at night. Or he might just be being a pain due to hormones.

Could you turn the radiator off or down in that room at night?

Laura1412

5 Year Member
It might be because it’s warmer at night. Or he might just be being a pain due to hormones.

Could you turn the radiator off or down in that room at night?
Iv got it turned down to number 3 so it’s only low I just can’t understand y he’s started doin it last winter he would dig in every day n needed a crane to get him out in a morning lol even with heatin on at night now this year he’s us at crack of dawn I came down this morning at 6 before his light was on n used the temp gun on his shell it read 20c so he’s not is he :)