COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hi there. Hope you are well.

No, it is not the end of Ramadan. "Eid Al Adha" is the "Feast Of Sacrifice" whereas Muslims are to feed the poor by donating meat to them.Muslims do this by sacrificing a: goat, sheep, cow or a camel to feed the poor as a donation

"Eid Al Fitr" is the Feast after the Holy Month of Ramadan.

Yep.... good u caught Bea’s info, i was out tree trimming away....for Feast of the Garden Gnomes.!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
The most important Muslim holiday.
A lamb (usually, but may be a cow if you're rich, a goat if you're diabetic, or a chicken if you're poor) is sacrificed to Allah, hung up to drain of blood, then butchered and bits of it cooked, minced and saved over the next couple of days. The streets run with blood, children run around with handfuls of intestines, the heads are roasted over open fires, and the skins left out to dry in the sun. It's all quite a culture shock the first time.
But it's great.:)

Aaaaagh, i well remember the streets in Tripoli with the blood...AND the heads roasting.... luckily, all four headed creatures were sacrificed to the fire.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Look at my holly hock plant I have grown this from seed I’m no garden expert so I’m quiet Proud of it :D however Clyde at the moment is not so impressed he’s turning his nose up at the flowers :)

Nice... i like seeing holly hocks...the way they slowly expose their flowers kind of one at a time..

Last edited:

Bee62

Germany
Retiring at 63 was very difficult for me. As much as I desperately needed out, I felt I still had a lot to offer and wasn’t really ready to sit on the sidelines while everyone else made contributions to the world. I went back to work part time and am much happier. I’m very grateful to have options available to me.

I see Ed as a “can-do” kind of guy. Even if it makes sense from a physical or medical point of view, it can be very hard to feel like you’re out of the game.
I think I will miss nothing when I am in retirement.:)