COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Something very odd has been happening at my house ever since that meerkat arrived in the teapot John sent me. I never see the little guy, but all sorts of food is going g missing! Our cheese is vanishing at a surprising rate. Any time we have left-overs that we’re saving for later, they have several bites taken out of them.[emoji33]
Veggies in the fridge get tossed about but not eaten. And an ENTIRE carton of ice cream was eaten in one night: the empty carton was on its side in front of the television, and there were sticky paw prints on the tv remote!!!!!![emoji33]
Oh no. Naughty naughty meerkat. Lena has great experience in looking after children. I am sure she will have some great tips on how to sort out naughty meerkats too.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hm... Let’s not jump to conclusions. Cheese vanishing might be Adam’s work. :confused: I wonder if @johnandjade would be available to provide character evidence with regards to both suspects... ;)
Oh good one Sherlock Holmes. Okay we need to lay out the facts.
1. Bea did these events start after Meerkat got there?
2. @johnandjade please give a character reference on said Meerkat
3. Adam LOVES cheese
4. Adam has embarked on a journey recently
5. But Adam stays in Morroco

Any other points needing to be noted before we draw our conclusions?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hello all. I hope all is well in the CDR.

I’m feeling a bit of a wreck. My left shoulder has become so painful that it’s hard to take a T shirt off. And I have plantar fasciitis which is worst in my right foot. I have been back to my physiotherapist/osteopath this afternoon and the root, as ever, is my lower back. Following my operations, I don’t have much movement there and it puts everything else out. More appointments made for Monday and Monday week.

I also had blood tests done today. Nothing serious. I had Graves Disease (over active thyroid) 20 years ago and have to get my thyroid function checked out annually. I feel OK, so hopefully that will be clear.

Adam’s caught up on months of backlog before now. I doubt your plan will succeed! It may defeat me however. My online time is severely limited for the next ten days.
Oh I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. May I ask what ops you had on your lower back?
I had a L5/S1 fusion done in March 2016. As my disc was buldging onto my sciatic nerve on my left side. The op I must admit did not really do much as I still struggle with sciatica. So I live on pain medication to manage it. I also have issues of my upper back, neck and shoulders tensing up as a result. It's a vicious circle.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Planning this vacation months ahead. September is when I’m planning to go travel so I can be prepared.
Again, research is required for travel in September. European schools typically return after their summer vacation in September. Holidays become much cheaper once the schools are back, however some resorts then close up. Some of the Greek islands are particularly bad for this. The bigger busier ones will be better.

In Palma, Majorca it was very noticeable that they considered end of season to be 31st October... and hotel pools and things were not open after that date last year.

Killerrookie

Again, research is required for travel in September. European schools typically return after their summer vacation in September. Holidays become much cheaper once the schools are back, however some resorts then close up. Some of the Greek islands are particularly bad for this. The bigger busier ones will be better.

In Palma, Majorca it was very noticeable that they considered end of season to be 31st October... and hotel pools and things were not open after that date last year.

I plan on doing a lot of research. Luckily I have an amazing girlfriend that travels a lot and has a lot of experience with these things.
I’m not looking to go to a resort. Mainly want to enjoy the culture of the place and get fat off of he food.
One reason why I’m considering Japan or South Korea is the culture. Big fan of it. Especially their anime/manga.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Oh I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. May I ask what ops you had on your lower back?
I had a L5/S1 fusion done in March 2016. As my disc was buldging onto my sciatic nerve on my left side. The op I must admit did not really do much as I still struggle with sciatica. So I live on pain medication to manage it. I also have issues of my upper back, neck and shoulders tensing up as a result. It's a vicious circle.
Mine was a prolapse on L3/4 that turned out to be a double prolapse and needed a second attempt a week later to sort that one out. What's left of the disk is still there and, while not formally fused, it may as well be for the amount of movement I have.

The pain before the first op... And between ops left me unable to walk. I had pain particularly in my groin area due to nerve pressure. After the ops, it was long slow progress. I was signed off work for 6 months. I lost all feeling in my left knee which made walking a challenge and kneeling a bit difficult. It's surprisingly hard to control your legs when you have no idea what's going on with one knee! Over the years the sensation has mostly returned ... If I start to feel numbness then I know I have overdone things.

Your issues with upper back and neck are usually what I get these days. These problems with my feet and shoulders are new :(

@Laura1412 has endless problems too. I know she had another op before Christmas and I hope she's OK. Ed @zerohour also has troubles.

DE42

Wow. That is awesome, congratulations. Are you studying medicine? I thought you were studying aviation?
I am lol I think it's due to my talks with some of the medical professors. They think that I should go into the medical field because I understand it quite well and can talk to them on a high level about a lot of things. One of them probably recommended me hoping that it would cause me to change majors lol.

The real reason I can talk to them like that is because I have had everything under the sun happen to me and I always do A LOT of research on anything that is affecting me. In Australia they do have some neat advances going on with Crohn's disease and some new implants that would replace the ostomy bag I have now. If I was to go i would probably try to get in touch with someone working on that.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I plan on doing a lot of research. Luckily I have an amazing girlfriend that travels a lot and has a lot of experience with these things.
I’m not looking to go to a resort. Mainly want to enjoy the culture of the place and get fat off of he food.
One reason why I’m considering Japan or South Korea is the culture. Big fan of it. Especially their anime/manga.
Just keep in mind that they are mainly buildings. Call them the concrete jungle. But the food is nice. Been to Tokyo, Seoul and Busan. Was nice but was there on business and I was very happy to come home to Cape Town.

Hugo's Home

5 Year Member
Chesnee, South Carolina
Australia does sound very fun. There’s so much to choose from!
I've been to Australia! Spent two weeks there. Mostly the gold Coast, up at surfers paradise. Thats the north eastern part. It was awsome!! We went in July and the weather was in the 70-80F. Went out to lightning Ridge to the Opal mines, saw a bunch of stuff and the people are so nice to us Americans! Go! You won't regret it! Oh and go to a rugby game they are more fun of an experiance than our NFL games!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Oh good one Sherlock Holmes. Okay we need to lay out the facts.
1. Bea did these events start after Meerkat got there?
2. @johnandjade please give a character reference on said Meerkat
3. Adam LOVES cheese
4. Adam has embarked on a journey recently
5. But Adam stays in Morroco

Any other points needing to be noted before we draw our conclusions?

To answer your questions,
1. YES It all started after the meerkat arrived.
2. We’ll wait and see! [emoji12]
3. True! But I GREATLY doubt he would stoop to theft- even for cheese. He seems every inch a gentleman.
4. True- but to Spain. AND he has Wifey with him, and none of my chocolate has gone missing!
5. True. And he does not have an operational Tardis.

Probably.