COLD DARK ROOM

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Hello all. I hope all is well in the CDR.

I’m feeling a bit of a wreck. My left shoulder has become so painful that it’s hard to take a T shirt off. And I have plantar fasciitis which is worst in my right foot. I have been back to my physiotherapist/osteopath this afternoon and the root, as ever, is my lower back. Following my operations, I don’t have much movement there and it puts everything else out. More appointments made for Monday and Monday week.

I also had blood tests done today. Nothing serious. I had Graves Disease (over active thyroid) 20 years ago and have to get my thyroid function checked out annually. I feel OK, so hopefully that will be clear.

Adam’s caught up on months of backlog before now. I doubt your plan will succeed! It may defeat me however. My online time is severely limited for the next ten days.

SO very sorry for your pains, Linda![emoji45]
I hope they can get resolved soon.[emoji173]️

Bambam1989

East Texas
and after that some fat an calories:
images

images
Just yesterday, when I picked Clunker up, I thought he was starting to remind me of a hamburger with legs....[emoji12]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I've always wanted to visit Australia!

So lovely. Very expensive. And a long way from anywhere so expensive to get to as well.

My husband worked out there a few years ago, based in Sydney, for 7 months. Lucky wotsit had a flat overlooking Sydney harbour... the harbour bridge was about ten minutes walk.

Meanwhile, I had two teenagers at home doing their major exams so could only get out there for a fortnight.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
What country is good to visit for vacation? There’s so much to choose from. :(

There’s so much choice depending on your budget.

Your own country is a good start. Many states are bigger than my country, the UK. And they’re all different.

Separately, both my kids (in their early 20s) have done tours with a company called Trek America which allowed them to tour the US on a budget with people from around the world, including the US. The tours they did each took them into Canada too
https://www.trekamerica.com/

The further you go, the more the flights cost. And obviously you need a passport and, quite possibly, a visa to travel outside the USA. Many countries have arrangements for easy visas for under 25s which you can benefit from.

Canada is close. Iceland is amazing... and not snow covered in summer. The Caribbean islands are all close by.

Then there’s Europe. I advise not trying to do too much in one go. You will find more than enough to keep you busy in, say, the UK or Ireland for a couple of weeks. Don’t try to do Europe in one trip!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

Your own country is a good start. Many states are bigger than my country, the UK. And they’re all different.

Separately, both my kids (in their early 20s) have done tours with a company called Trek America which allowed them to tour the US on a budget with people from around the world, including the US. The tours they did each took them into Canada too

The further you go, the more the flights cost. And obviously you need a passport and, quite possibly, a visa to travel outside the USA. Many countries have arrangements for easy visas for under 25s which you can benefit from.

Canada is close. Iceland is amazing... and not snow covered in summer. The Caribbean islands are all close by.

Then there’s Europe. I advise not trying to do too much in one go. You will find more than enough to keep you busy in, say, the UK or Ireland for a couple of weeks. Don’t try to do Europe in one trip!

Iceland is my top of the list right now. We’re doing Hamburg and then Prague in March. (I may have mentioned it but don’t remember.)

Killerrookie

Thank you for all the information.

I always wanted to visit Canada, but I do have other countries in mind that I thought of.
So far I really want to go to Japan, South Korea, Morocco, or Greece.
I’ve been to Germany before with family and loved it. I’d love to visit more in Europe one day for sure.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Thank you for all the information.

I always wanted to visit Canada, but I do have other countries in mind that I thought of.
So far I really want to go to Japan, South Korea, Morocco, or Greece.
I’ve been to Germany before with family and loved it. I’d love to visit more in Europe one day for sure.
We have been to Greece a lot. And every island is different. Again, one island will keep you occupied for a fortnight. Consider transfers though. Some are easier to get to than others. And when you have done a long transatlantic flight, hanging around in Athens or Amsterdam Schiphol or wherever waiting for the transfer is no fun.

The Spanish Balearic islands like Majorca and Ibiza are very popular with young people. You can get there easily via Barcelona which is worth a few days on its own.

I just thought of another company used by my kids for travel on a budget with young people
https://www.gadventures.com/travel-styles/18-to-30somethings/

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hi, Carol![emoji2]
Jacques appears to be entirely back to her silly self!!!!! She does her best to stalk the ghost shrimp, but they either keep sidling away, just out of reach, or they suddenly zip away in the blink of an eye! So entertaining to watch!

My fossil thread is rather quiet now, but that’s ok. I can’t start the actual work on it until the weather warms up so I can work outside because it involves using acetone. Acetone is very volatile and flammable, so it’s not something you do inside. A bunch of people posted comments and pictures for a while then it slowed down. But I’m not bothered at all: once I start working on my fossil and start posting, I bet there will be more activity in general.
I had actually debated whether I should even START that thread now, or wait until I was starting the preservation work, but decided to go for it!!!
Thanks so much for asking! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji173]️
So glad Jacques is back to normal. Good on the shrimp. At least they will keep her entertained. And regarding the fossil thread at least it is started. I look forward to reading it when you start the preservations. It is very interesting.