COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Hi, Roomies!
I just wanted to check in to say I'm probably going to take a break from the Internet in general for a little while. We are all fine, just sometimes Life needs readjusting in some areas and priorities shift a bit.
This forum has been such a big part of my life that I will likely "lurk" from time to time, but will not be back on regularly for a bit.
Hugs to all! :<3:
Oh no Bea. We will miss you terribly. But good luck and I hope you come back to us soon.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I totally understand, Bea. For a while a couple years ago I was so addicted to the Forum that I let my daily chores slide just so I could sit here and talk to you all and read about your lives. I had to totally turn off the computer and not use it at all for about a month. Now I limit myself to reading the new posts and answering a few, and taking care of my moderator duties, with a bit of dialog in the CDR, but that's it. We're still here any time you feel comfortable enough to come back. And we'll miss you.
Nicely said Yvonne.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I'm just fixing to finish up with a pastel painting. It should be done in a day or two as long as I can get time to work on it. It's a little different than what I normally do. I'll be sure to share a picture.
Looks like my art room is going to have to be repainted. Moved a box that was sitting in a corner under the table this morning and the wall is covered in black mold! None on the box itself, just the wall. That means I'm going to have to move my beast of a drafting table out of there(it's the heaviest thing in there). Another thing to add to the "to do" list.
I would love to see the pic. And black mould [emoji33] When is your house going to give you a break?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Yeah but B-r-r-r-r-r those winters are cold!

I agreeeeeeeeee

Weather in Montana is typically unpredictable, with unseasonal cold (or warm) conditions possible at any time of the year. During winter (November throught March) temperatures can range from 50 degrees above zero to 50 below zero. High temperature averages generally run from 20 to 35 degrees, with mostly sunny skies.

Ouch!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I totally understand, Bea. For a while a couple years ago I was so addicted to the Forum that I let my daily chores slide just so I could sit here and talk to you all and read about your lives. I had to totally turn off the computer and not use it at all for about a month. Now I limit myself to reading the new posts and answering a few, and taking care of my moderator duties, with a bit of dialog in the CDR, but that's it. We're still here any time you feel comfortable enough to come back. And we'll miss you.
You are so sweet! :):<3:
(Don't worry: I won't tell anyone you're sweet, so your reputation as a curmudgeon is safe! ;))

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Every new thing takes time to get used to. You worked for how many years? 20? 30? And been retired for only a short time. My father-in-law hated his retirement at first. Now he makes wine and liquors as a hobby, something he’d never have time to do while working. It took him a few months to get used to it though.
Thanks
36 years

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
@Bambam1989

Oops, Posted it before I was finished and it would not let me edit as ran out of time: So here goes the rest of it:

Yvonne - Took in a new rescue - whose owner couldn't keep it due to their dog becoming a problem. And is waiting on estimates for fencing etc, due to the city wanting to take part of her land / driveway etc.
Linda - Went on holiday in France and had a really good time, however in the process lost her passport and had to get a new one once she was back at home. Linda is now busy with exam meetings and tries to procrastinate but at the end of the day has to get down to it and get done what needs to be done.
Lena - Is busy with school meetings, and festivals as usual. Her daughter has taken up piano lessons and Lena had to try and find a piano. Which was found luckily and is now taking pride of place in the living room. Lena also decided that she wants to learn how to play piano.
Lyn - Enjoy her long holiday but is now back at school teaching and only ends up here late at night - for me anyway. Lola still gives her a hard time though and expects to be hand fed and thoroughly spoilt.
Tod - Unfortunately lost his Father, but is managing to get by and trying to get back to normalcy. He posted a few pics and video of Snap and Murphy. He is still working in the freezers.
Sabine - recently got two Aldabra torts Ma and Mo. They are gorgeous little things and apparently have very different personalities. All her torts are doing well. Her Boyfriend is recovering from a surgery and She is not looking forward to winter at all.
Heather - had two new additions to her household. Her nephew has come to stay with her and she has a new sulcata which she adopted. The two little squirells they recued did not make it - although her eldest daughter did a steller job trying to keep them alive.
Ed - Has retired now but is still coming to terms with it and struggeling a little bit. And he scored big brownie points with his wife after the new car he bought for her.
Adam - recently had a birthday, but has not been back since he said that he did not feel like he fit in here anymore. He popped in for a few comments but other than that he has been AWOL.
Isaiah - is new and is a fire fighter who pops in every now and then to say Hi and see how we are all doing.
Anne - is also new here and has quite the funny sense of humour. She is original from the UK and misses it. She is however fitting in perfectly with the rest of us.
Mark - is still regaling us with gorgeous photos of peaceful lakes and rivers and seas etc. He Loves his kayaking and is slowly bringing over roommate to the other side (of kayaking) His Sully is gorgeous and loves the rain - which they seem to be getting rather a lot of lately. He installed a water drum to catch all the rain, the problem is that he has so much of it that he does not know what to do with it most of the time.
Kathy - has fallen in love with a little chuwawa (sorry don't know how to spell it) It's name is Uzi - It was rescued and we suspect that it was abused at some point as it has taken a long time for it to feel relaxed at her home. Uzi had to have 12 teeth taken out (poor thing).
Dan - has popped in once or twice and seems to be doing better.
Bea - is quite happy and busy. Jacques is getting much better and carrys on wrapping Bea around her paw / tail etc. But has to share her space with the ghost shrimp and some little fishies as well now. Elsa seems to be doing okay as well. And Bea has added a few more things to her bucket list.
Gillian - pops in every now and then as well and says hi.
Jane - popped in the other day as she met up with Adam while she was visiting Morocco. Apparently it is the place to go to. And lots of fun.

I think that that is everybody and I am sorry if I have left anybody out.

That was awesome!! You rock!!

Bee62

Germany
Hi, Roomies!
I just wanted to check in to say I'm probably going to take a break from the Internet in general for a little while. We are all fine, just sometimes Life needs readjusting in some areas and priorities shift a bit.
This forum has been such a big part of my life that I will likely "lurk" from time to time, but will not be back on regularly for a bit.
Hi Bea. You are always more than welcome. Pop in whenever you can. Hugs back to you.:):<3:

Bee62

Germany
If I remember correctly he said that he didn't fit in anymore.
When he wrote that he thinks he don`t fit here anymore, I can tell that he said to me that the CDR is for him like a Facebook side. :( He misses the punches and when someone post minion pics or something else he don`t like it.:(
It makes me sad that Adam compared the CDR with Facebook.:( Very sad....:(

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
When he wrote that he thinks he don`t fit here anymore, I can tell that he said to me that the CDR is for him like a Facebook side. :( He misses the punches and when someone post minion pics or something else he don`t like it.:(
It makes me sad that Adam compared the CDR with Facebook.:( Very sad....:(
Hmm. Yes it is.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hi, Roomies!
As for me. I totally understand

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi, Roomies!
Real life often gets in the way and needs attention.
We'll miss you but take care Bea and pop in when you can.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
All that talk about ironing and relationships... Oops, I totally forgot - gotta iron husband’s shirts. [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] Not see you all later, or I might end up divorcing more than just my iron...
Just iron the fronts and make him wear a jacket!
That will really cut your irroning time:D