COLD DARK ROOM

Shaif

Location (City and/or State)
Pittsburgh, PA
We saw them in London a couple of years ago for the 3rd time... the music was good, but Bono talks too much :rolleyes:

Agree! Great concert, but so much social commentary. I felt a little like it was a lecture.

One of my favorite concerts to date has been Bruno Mars. I'm not a huge fan, but amazing live vocals and awesome dancing. Fireworks, confetti, all the stuff I hope to see for the expensive ticket price.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Agree! Great concert, but so much social commentary. I felt a little like it was a lecture.

One of my favorite concerts to date has been Bruno Mars. I'm not a huge fan, but amazing live vocals and awesome dancing. Fireworks, confetti, all the stuff I hope to see for the expensive ticket price.
Good evening !
Nice to see you again, so to speak. :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
And as I head to bed, here's a picture of our nest box.

As you can see, our little bluet-it* never did build a nest or find a partner and still seems to be treating the nest box as a bachelor pad!

Goodnight all. Sweet dreams. :)

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1505857755.767789.jpg

*hyphenated to prevent TFO from censoring it!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
And as I head to bed, here's a picture of our nest box.

As you can see, our little bluet-it* never did build a nest or find a partner and still seems to be treating the nest box as a bachelor pad!

Goodnight all. Sweet dreams. :)

View attachment 218716

*hyphenated to prevent TFO from censoring it!
Poor lonely boy. :(
Actually, being a bachelor was rather fun, hope he enjoys his time before he gets caught.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We've had such nice weather the past three or four days. I haven't had to turn on the house cooler this whole time. Problem with that, though, means the nights are too cool to leave the smaller tortoises outside. So today I was able to clean out and set up the tort table attached to an inside wall of the leopard tortoise shed. So tonight two young leopard tortoises get to spend the night in the shed in comfort instead of in cardboard boxes like the other young ones who I'm not ready for yet.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
We've had such nice weather the past three or four days. I haven't had to turn on the house cooler this whole time. Problem with that, though, means the nights are too cool to leave the smaller tortoises outside. So today I was able to clean out and set up the tort table attached to an inside wall of the leopard tortoise shed. So tonight two young leopard tortoises get to spend the night in the shed in comfort instead of in cardboard boxes like the other young ones who I'm not ready for yet.
I love the way that for some 'nice weather' means cool, and for others 'nice weather' is the rare hot time.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
End of sixth week
20170917_154843-1.jpg

.........................TORTOISE NO. 7 ( TIDGY ) ...................................................weight 25 ounces (MwM)

End of seventh week
20170917_160050-1.jpg

................................................TORTOISE NO. 8 ( NOEL ).............................................................weight 27 ounces

Alfie's weight was thirteen ounces (MwM). Tortoise Number 8 was twenty-seven ounces. Very slowly, over seven weeks, Mrs wifey's pet had more than doubled in size and the good lady hadn't noticed a thing. (goodness!)
One should note that measuring a tortoise's weight is not the best way of measuring size. Their weight can fluctuate wildly, depending on what and when they've eaten, when they go to the toilet and so on. Mr Adam would have been much better off measuring the plastron or carapace length.

Page 40