COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
good evenooning all, on route for OT at base, 13hr shift today!

traffic, View attachment 218228
Yukky traffic.

I have just driven through the beautiful Kent countryside in the evening sunshine to Cranbrook.

Unusually, the A21 behaved and it took considerably less than the hour allowed to get here.

Also unusually, I have a signal on my phone. This place is usually without. At least it means I can browse a little before we start :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yukky traffic.

I have just driven through the beautiful Kent countryside in the evening sunshine to Cranbrook.

Unusually, the A21 behaved and it took considerably less than the hour allowed to get here.

Also unusually, I have a signal on my phone. This place is usually without. At least it means I can browse a little before we start :)
Good luck. :)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Yukky traffic.

enjoy the extra time mum :)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hello Gillian, it is getting colder and wetter every day in Germany. :( Half an hour ago I "took" a nice cold rainy "shower" outside and I hate it !:confused: Please send your warmth as soon as possible. I think Oliver Kahn would enjoy it too, or does he live on a nice Finca with swimming pool in Majorca ?
Good evening Sabine.

OK I'll send you a few, and only a few degrees C. :p Agreed? :D I'm sure Oli Kahn will enjoy some warmth as well. ;) Mind you, I do not know where he lives now, as he retired from football. But when he was still a player, he was in Munich. (Munchen; as is said in GERMAN, but there is no "UMLAUT" on the letter "U" here. Sorry, it's the keyboard, it's not a typing mistake.

Oh, I hate those "showers" too, and for this reason I do not move much during Winter. :(

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
"My my, Alfie, you do seem hungry today," Mrs wifey was saying. "It must be Mr Adam's magic words I've been whispering to you."
Mr Adam watched as Mrs wifey picked Jock up and stroked his shell. Then she fished Mr Adam's piece of paper out of her pocket, and holding the turtle very close to her face, she whispered, reading from the paper:
"ESIO TROT, ESIO TROT,
TEG REGGIB REGGIB!
EMOC NO, ESIO TROT,
WORG PU, FFUP PU, TOOHS PU!
GNIRPS PU, WOLB PU, LLEWS PU!
ERGOG! ELZZUG! FFUTS! PLUG!
TUP NO TAF, ESIO TROT, TUP NO TAF!
TEG NO, TEG NO! ELBBOG DOOF!"

View attachment 218220

Lovely photo. Thanks for posting, Adam.

Page 35

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good afternoon all. Just popping in to say hi before heading off to get my annual 'flu jab done at the pharmacy.

Son is having one too before he returns to university.

For those overseas: our national health service only gives these free if you are elderly or have certain health conditions. Having suffered flu, I'd rather pay the £13 to have it... especially as I do so much in schools which are the germiest places imaginable!

I get a free one annually too. I think those not considered "seniors" have to pay for it, but the pharmacy gives them out every year. I wait to get mine until a little later in the season.

Oh Geez. This reminds me... I was at the doctor's today, and was going to but forgot to ask about the flu shot. :eek: Can't go back anytime soon - had to call three days in a row and then wait for two weeks for today's appointment. :eek: :eek: I remember three years ago in Denmark these shots were crazy expensive. Where is my Turkish healthcare system with accessible doctors and affordable medicines?
Hope everyone in the CDR is well and healthy.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Oh Geez. This reminds me... I was at the doctor's today, and was going to but forgot to ask about the flu shot. :eek: Can't go back anytime soon - had to call three days in a row and then wait for two weeks for today's appointment. :eek: :eek: I remember three years ago in Denmark these shots were crazy expensive. Where is my Turkish healthcare system with accessible doctors and affordable medicines?
Hope everyone in the CDR is well and healthy.
Good evening, Lena.:)
As well and healthy as can be expected, thank you.
So no free healthcare in Denmark ?

JSWallace

Good afternoon all. Just popping in to say hi before heading off to get my annual 'flu jab done at the pharmacy.

Son is having one too before he returns to university.

For those overseas: our national health service only gives these free if you are elderly or have certain health conditions. Having suffered flu, I'd rather pay the £13 to have it... especially as I do so much in schools which are the germiest places imaginable!
And I spent a lot of my day in the Pharmacy giving people their annual flu jab!!