COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
No; nothing special, taught a student, watched some TV. Read a bit.Quality time with Tidgy and wifey.
Life's just good.:)

Yes, life is good. For me too. Slept long, have had a good breakfast while being online on TFO.
Later some garden work but not to much and then I`ve been visited by some new customers for cat pension. They wanted to see the rooms for the cats. The young woman ( both students ) only spoke English and I spoke English with her too.
Thanks to TFO that my English increases steadily !:D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yes, life is good. For me too. Slept long, have had a good breakfast while being online on TFO.
Later some garden work but not to much and then I`ve been visited by some new customers for cat pension. They wanted to see the rooms for the cats. The young woman ( both students ) only spoke English and I spoke English with her too.
Thanks to TFO that my English increases steadily !:D
Hope they liked the rooms.
Glad your English is getting better, I think it is, too.
Mind you, some of the stuff we say here is rubbish! :D

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Good evening all. I have caught up by skimming through around 30 pages of posts

We have been up into Haute Languedoc today - the mountain roads were over 1000m/3300'

Views were disappointing this morning due to low cloud, but it was so peaceful. No traffic noise at all
View attachment 216454

In the afternoon we descended a little and the sun came out. We were rewarded by loads of birds of prey and butterflies. We saw a Holden Eagle really close - they're huge. There were also Buzzards, Honey Buzzards, Kestrels and Short-Toed (aka Snake) Eagles :)

Son took this of a Hummingbird Hawk Moth when we were having our picnic lunch
View attachment 216455

I took this of a pretty big green lizard in the Ladies toilets
View attachment 216457

This lake is for hydro-electricity generation
View attachment 216456
Great pictures! I had never heard of a hummingbird hawk moth! I can imagine the people who named it saying it's a hummingbird, no it's a hawk, no it's a moth!

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
POWER COMPANIES ! ! !
After a blackout, wait until midnight before turning on the power again.
That way, everybody's alarm clocks and videos will be automatically reset.
I like this idea! Our power went out about a week ago, and I forgot to reset the clock next to my bed for about 3 days. I couldn't tell if it was time to get up or not.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I like this idea! Our power went out about a week ago, and I forgot to reset the clock next to my bed for about 3 days. I couldn't tell if it was time to get up or not.
Well, that's two of us!
Let's write to our respective electric companies and suggest it to them.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Indeed, speaking drivel is very English. ;)
Speak soon, maybe.:)
By golly, you're right!
I quickly googled the origin of the word "drivel," hoping to (mischievously) catch you out :p in case it's origin was German or something, but the word is indeed derived from Middle and Old English. ;)