COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Here we buy only glass bottles or cartons.
The glass bottles have a little money back on them when you return them to the shop.
But many shops are now switching to plastic.:(
Other recycling is in its infancy here.

We pay for the plastic bottles at the time of purchase, so when we take them to the recycling center, we're getting our own money back, but it feels like a present anyway. And even though we pay a deposit on the bottles, some people still toss them rather than recycle.

Bee62

Germany
We pay for the plastic bottles at the time of purchase, so when we take them to the recycling center, we're getting our own money back, but it feels like a present anyway. And even though we pay a deposit on the bottles, some people still toss them rather than recycle.

In Germany it is the same. You pay money for plastik bottles and cans and get it back when you take them for recycling.
Please believe, I don`t judge anyone using plastic bottles. There are so much more things packed in plastic. It is not possible to avoid plastic packages.
And too much plastic waste is tossed away, everywhere in the world.
It is a problem allover the world, I think.

Last edited:

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
OOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:oops:
I just made a boo boo.
A new member just asked if cedar mulch was okay for their Russian.
I replied yes, but then instantly realized it was wrong, I had stupidly read it as cypress mulch.
I immediately edited my answer to say no, don't use it, but the OP had already quoted my post to say thanks and gone.
I posted again saying no, and PMed within minutes, but too late!
Either the OP is going to waste their money and buy useless mulch or they will be making their tortoise sick.
Or dead.
:(

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
OOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:oops:
I just made a boo boo.
A new member just asked if cedar mulch was okay for their Russian.
I replied yes, but then instantly realized it was wrong, I had stupidly read it as cypress mulch.
I immediately edited my answer to say no, don't use it, but the OP had already quoted my post to say thanks and gone.
I posted again saying no, and PMed within minutes, but too late!
Either the OP is going to waste their money and buy useless mulch or they will be making their tortoise sick.
Or dead.
:(
Accidents happen, Adam. I doubt this will be the worst thing that ever happens to that person, and it's easily corrected. :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Accidents happen, Adam. I doubt this will be the worst thing that ever happens to that person, and it's easily corrected. :)
Typical, isn't it ?
Often the OP doesn't ever come back, comes back ages later or waits for 47 other opinions before doing anything, just typical that this time it's "Thanks !" and gone. Probably at the shop.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I hope so !:eek: ( that I am ):D

Goooood eveniiiiiiing CDR!
My supper today: Fresh cooked ( by myself:D ) chicken soup with carrots and noodles. Yummmmmmmy !
View attachment 215445
Looks Yuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm hungry but we're not eating til later tonight.
Gotta go out and see the Perseids.