COLD DARK ROOM

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Hey Kids! Been a while! I've been "inching" back into the forum and have missed you all here in CDR. There's no way for me to get caught up with the thread, but I did manage the page prior :) , so I'll just say HELLO again! And bit of a good news from my house: my husband has finally got a JOB!!!!! You have no idea the relief I feel! Hope to get back "in the know" with all the CDRers in next few days. I have seen that Linda (Joes Mum) has been doing PT for her back and hope things are coming along well for her, and got a glimpse of Stuart's post about selling his home in anticipation of his move to TX (yeay!!!) Good luck with that, Stuart! And John... oh boy! That little toe looks gruesome!!!! I can only imagine the pain!!! Oooouch! Wishing everyone a great day, and will be seeing you around:)

WooHoo! Time to celebrate!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening/afternoon everyone.
Hope you are all OK.
Very sunny but chilly here today so no outdoor time for Lola.
Went into school for a few hours and sorted out a lot of papers
Looks like the cold of the last few nights has killed the bean plants:(, but the teacher they belong to knew it would be risky leaving them out.
May go in again tomorrow but as we still have to teach for another 7 weeks before the move can't pack too much away, so I may just enjoy the rest of my holiday!
I've just remembered we have a long weekend at the end of the first week back too - because of the May Day holiday:)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evening/afternoon everyone.
Hope you are all OK.
Very sunny but chilly here today so no outdoor time for Lola.
Went into school for a few hours and sorted out a lot of papers
Looks like the cold of the last few nights has killed the bean plants:(, but the teacher they belong to knew it would be risky leaving them out.
May go in again tomorrow but as we still have to teach for another 7 weeks before the move can't pack too much away, so I may just enjoy the rest of my holiday!
Sorry about the beans. An elderly neighbour once told me never to plant beans out before May 8th... and that's down here in the south. It's a rule I have stuck to over the years.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Sorry about the beans. An elderly neighbour once told me never to plant beans out before May 8th... and that's down here in the south. It's a rule I have stuck to over the years.
I've never grown beans but they didn't look very hardy when she put them out and we have had some very chilly nights lately.
We will have an allotment across the road from the new school so hopefully we'll be able to grow some of own veg for cookery....
...we'll see!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hi Ewa good to not see you back in the CDR
Congratulations to your husband he must be very relieved
Hope the rest of your family - humans and pets - are all well!
We have lost another older kitty a month ago. My sweet little tortoiseshell girl named Toffi. She would have been 16 this year. Only Maxi the white Maine Coon left now and the torties ofcourse. Maxi bothered by allergies this year and scratching the hair off his back legs and belly... i have not had the money to get him tested, whatever I had I was using to get help for poor Toffi. She was having hard time last few days... but vet gave him cortisone shot which helped some. Anyways, now with the second income I'll be able to chip away several hundred... ughhhh!!! If only that! Blood work, skin biopsies... Damn! I would have had houseful of pets but man! is their medical upkeep expensive!!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
We have lost another older kitty a month ago. My sweet little tortoiseshell girl named Toffi. She would have been 16 this year. Only Maxi the white Maine Coon left now and the torties ofcourse. Maxi bothered by allergies this year and scratching the hair off his back legs and belly... i have not had the money to get him tested, whatever I had I was using to get help for poor Toffi. She was having hard time last few days... but vet gave him cortisone shot which helped some. Anyways, now with the second income I'll be able to chip away several hundred... ughhhh!!! If only that! Blood work, skin biopsies... Damn! I would have had houseful of pets but man! is their medical upkeep expensive!!!
Poor Toffi :(

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all from the CDR sick room where Nurse JoesMum has both husband and daughter complaining of stomach problems.

JoesDad is in a sweat this morning and says there's definitely something wrong with his stomach. Daughter hasn't stirred yet, but was in a similar state last night.

Son and I both seem OK so far... touch wood. Fingers crossed for swift recovery for both.

Just to complicate matters, a painter will be showing up in an hour to start painting the kitchen and conservatory :rolleyes:

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Good morning all from the CDR sick room where Nurse JoesMum has both husband and daughter complaining of stomach problems.

JoesDad is in a sweat this morning and says there's definitely something wrong with his stomach. Daughter hasn't stirred yet, but was in a similar state last night.

Son and I both seem OK so far... touch wood. Fingers crossed for swift recovery for both.

Just to complicate matters, a painter will be showing up in an hour to start painting the kitchen and conservatory :rolleyes:
Get well wishes to your house patients, and good luck with your painting. My house is overdue for paint job too but I'm dreading it

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
good evenooning all, another busy day.... no beer in the house!! :O

physio rekons why wee toe has broken and healed crooked, there is definitely muscle weekness in ankle, leg as well as scar tissue, hence the size.