COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good morning all.
A very cold but bright morning here.

I'm going to have a little rant now and let off steam so apologies in advance.
I need to go out but my neighbours are up to their old tricks.
They have chopped down all the blackberry bushes behind the wall in the lane at the end of my garden again, which at this time of year isn't a massive loss as they have all shed their leaves and will grow again, but they are having their garden repaved at the moment and are dumping rubble on top of it all too.
They can't see the mess from their own garden but it is in full view of mine.
I am worried the old stone wall won't be able to take much more weight behind it.
Everything behind it has come from their house and garden over the years.
I may be being a bit oversensitive but this really is feeling like bullying - they only do the section at the end of my garden and leave the rest at the end of my other neighbours. They think they can do whatever they want without any consideration for my opinions or feelings. I avoid confrontation at all costs when I can as I am on my own without backup. They also only do things which they know will affect me, when I am in work so the damage is done when I get home.

I know I can contact environmental health about fly tipping again, but I feel as if I am in danger of looking as if I am one of these people who constantly complain.
I just don't know what to do anymore and it is really getting to me, to the point where I don't want to leave the house when they are 'active'. I can't avoid going to work and I'm usually a pretty calm person, but my anxiety levels are through the roof as I worry about what they are doing while I'm gone.
If anyone has any ideas (landmines not an option) please let me know.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Lola is currently doing his Superman pose under his lamp.
Hi Spud's Mum and Lyn

Glad to hear Lola and Spud are enjoying warmth. Joe is still doing his house-brick impression in his fridge where it's a lot warmer than it is outside.

Daughter has departed for the second week of her small mammal study skills course. She now has her license to catch shrews. This week it's harvest mice :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi Spud's Mum and Lyn

Glad to hear Lola and Spud are enjoying warmth. Joe is still doing his house-brick impression in his fridge where it's a lot warmer than it is outside.

Daughter has departed for the second week of her small mammal study skills course. She now has her license to catch shrews. This week it's harvest mice :)
That will be lovely for her, it must be so interesting and enjoyable doing that sort of work.
So far so good with the new car?

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
afternoon all!! late one last night and was working today. went to asda after work to pick up cigarettes and beer... got beer and went to cigarette counter, placed beer on counter asked for smokes and couple scratch cards and the guy never scanned the beer!!! :D

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Morning everyone!

We had a big frost last night so no weeds for spud today :(

I had to make do with what I had in the fridge- kale, chicory and florette crispy salad. So he's now lying with his legs stretched out enjoying his breakfast :p
View attachment 197608

View attachment 197604
View attachment 197605
View attachment 197606
View attachment 197607
I LOVE it when they sprawl with their legs stretched out like that!!!:D To me, that means a happy, contented tortoise who feels completely safe!!!:<3::):<3:

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Good morning all.
A very cold but bright morning here.

I'm going to have a little rant now and let off steam so apologies in advance.
I need to go out but my neighbours are up to their old tricks.
They have chopped down all the blackberry bushes behind the wall in the lane at the end of my garden again, which at this time of year isn't a massive loss as they have all shed their leaves and will grow again, but they are having their garden repaved at the moment and are dumping rubble on top of it all too.
They can't see the mess from their own garden but it is in full view of mine.
I am worried the old stone wall won't be able to take much more weight behind it.
Everything behind it has come from their house and garden over the years.
I may be being a bit oversensitive but this really is feeling like bullying - they only do the section at the end of my garden and leave the rest at the end of my other neighbours. They think they can do whatever they want without any consideration for my opinions or feelings. I avoid confrontation at all costs when I can as I am on my own without backup. They also only do things which they know will affect me, when I am in work so the damage is done when I get home.

I know I can contact environmental health about fly tipping again, but I feel as if I am in danger of looking as if I am one of these people who constantly complain.
I just don't know what to do anymore and it is really getting to me, to the point where I don't want to leave the house when they are 'active'. I can't avoid going to work and I'm usually a pretty calm person, but my anxiety levels are through the roof as I worry about what they are doing while I'm gone.
If anyone has any ideas (landmines not an option) please let me know.
So sorry these people are such jerks. :( I agree: it really does sound like bullying. I wish I knew what would help. :(

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Will be off shortly: hubby has been working a LOT lately, so is making it up to me by taking me to New Orleans for Indian food!!!!! YUM!!! :p:):):)

TTFN!!! :)

I AM SO, SO VERY GLAD TO HAVE THE FORUM, CDR AND ALL YOU ROOMIES TO VISIT WITH!!!!:<3: Love you ALL!