COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Yes Polish guys welcome as well!!
Talking of Polish guys, I let one go in front of me at the checkout in a supermarket yesterday because I had a trolley full and he only had one item. I have never seen such appreciation from anyone in my life before! He kissed my hand and was bowing and blowing kisses to me as he walked away. This was much to the amusement of other customers nearby and I was beetroot red by the time I left, but I wonder are they all such gentlemen when they are grateful for a simple act of kindness. Maybe @Pearly can answer that?.

kirsty Johnston

5 Year Member
Scotland
I believe Haggis is a stomach - may be more like sausage skin these days - filled with all sorts of stuff (not exactly sure what but sounds offal)
Tatties is potatoes and Neeps is turnips (mashed together I think).
Doesn't appeal to me but a great traditional favourite of the Scots.
My BiL and nephews love it.
Tatties is just Scottish for potatoes but you typically have them mashed. Neeps is mashed turnip and haggis is basically sheep heart, lung and liver all mashed up with oats. The stomach is usually what the haggis is wrapped in but you don't eat it. It actually sounds disgusting when you say it but it tastes awesome :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Tatties is just Scottish for potatoes but you typically have them mashed. Neeps is mashed turnip and haggis is basically sheep heart, lung and liver all mashed up with oats. The stomach is usually what the haggis is wrapped in but you don't eat it. It actually sounds disgusting when you say it but it tastes awesome :)
Hi Kirsty yup sounds pretty awful so I'll take your word for it on the taste - I won't even eat burgers!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Oh my goodness! Silly Kirsty coming out but I didn't know that they were hit by an earthquake in Morocco - I know it hit Spain?
Was the area he lives in impacted?
He said his building was swaying but didn't mention any major damage, it made Wifey feel sick but Tidgy slept through it.
My geog's not great but think Morocco is across the Med from Spain so don't know where epicentre was but ripple effect I suppose.

kirsty Johnston

5 Year Member
Scotland
He said his building was swaying but didn't mention any major damage, it made Wifey feel sick but Tidgy slept through it.
My geog's not great but think Morocco is across the Med from Spain so don't know where epicentre was but ripple effect I suppose.
I'm very glad to hear hear wifey and tidgy are ok :)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Good night gang.
I just got done sorting out the tortoise heaters, timers and wiring.
It should be waterproof......
I shouldn't get electrocuted.......
They are all back outside.
The low will be about 60, but as high as 82 in the afternoon.
They have nice new soil and mulch and fresh hay in the sleep houses.