COLD DARK ROOM

Prairie Mom

you know for someone who has a device that travels through time and space dr. who spends an awful lot of time in London. don't you think?
Nah...no worse than Star Fleet headquarters being in San Francisco and everyone but the token Scotsman speaking in American accents. The Doctor does talk about why he loves Earth often and makes fun of Americans in more than one episode. -Every Alien is allowed to have their preferences:D

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good morning.

Let me remind us all that Adam left once before.....And came back with this COLD DARK ROOM.

Imagine how much time he must have spent on this place tallying up how many posts each of us had and figuring out points, etc. If any of that was even true, and I assume it was. It is beyond my comprehension.
He knows things like who has the most likes and who has the second to like ten most. Right off the top of his head!
He was more correct about the calendar votes than the administrator counting them.
He is usually the first or one of the first to welcome each new member and the first to drag them a helpful link about the care of their tortoise.
He remember names, spouses and friends names. Birthdays and who is sick.
He engages in the most boring of conversations if he thinks that it is something that is important to you.
And he is always there with a joke.

I need a break just from typing this posting.
Maybe you're right Ed, but still very sudden and strange for someone usually so thoughtful and considerate.
Hopefully all will be revealed in time.

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
good mornooning friends present and absent. glad to hear your feeling better meech :). hope everyone had a great weekend. just heard on the news that david bowie has died from cancer:(

make sure you tie your shoe laces nice and tight folks, don't want them flying of while kicking mondays butt!
Hi John - yes RIP David Bowie. Great showman! Great songs!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Nah...no worse than Star Fleet headquarters being in San Francisco and everyone but the token Scotsman speaking in American accents. The Doctor does talk about why he loves Earth often and makes fun of Americans in more than one episode. -Every Alien is allowed to have their preferences:D
I guess Mr Sulu is invisible to you?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
When I was first diagnosed with asthma, one of my main symptoms was a lingering cough. I never knew I had asthma until my 40s when it gradually got worse. Have you seen a doc about your cough?
No. but I'll bring it up the next time I'm there. Soon.
Thanks.

Prairie Mom

Everybody hear about this?
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/11/entertainment/david-bowie-death/

I can't even choose what song to post in honor...sigh...
Starman, Five Years, Ziggy Stardust, Young Americans, Space Oddity?? Ugh...there's even more than these!

Maybe Space Oddity is appropriate for references about looking down at the Earth and its recent fantastic appearance in The Secret Life of Walter Mitty."

I think I'll also post his song with Queen "Under Pressure" -singing this song at the top of my lungs has gotten me through some grumpy moments:)
p.s. Vanilla ice stole the baseline and was sued by Queen and David Bowie for credits and royalties, so no mocking please.:)

Prairie Mom

Speaking of David Bowie and Star Trek. Does everyone know who he is/was (sniff!) married to?
david bowie daughter.jpg

Iman aka the awesome alien in Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country
iman star trek 6.jpg

iman star trek.jpg

I saw a cute interview where they told that they were set up on a blind date by their hairdresser. I always thought that was kind of fun and quirky.