Closed Chambers enclosure in Houston,Tx

Master_Roshi

I live in Houston and ive been looking for an enclosure for my hatchlings, I'm looking for something around 3ft-2ft-2ft.

Master_Roshi

I do have the lights and equipment, I have a sulcata and a leopard they are separated but in the same container

Master_Roshi

I used to have a uvb coil but my sulcata got sick so I researched and changed it to a MVB, he's still got some white around his eyes though but he's getting better. As far as equipment I have two flower pots for shelter a plant saucer for water and I have some plastic surrounding the enclosure to trap the heat and humidity, altough I didn't really think I needed this since Houston's already naturally humid. I have Cypress mulch and cocoa fiber as substrate and I feed them romaine lettuce and hibiscus leaves.

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
What do you use for night time heat, once the MVB is turned off?

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I got one in the garage I'm not using anymore.

It's 4'x2'x2'

I used it for my box turtles before I put them outside

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
You need a CHE and a reptile thermostat to control it. Having the proper equipment is important... hence your torts eyes swelling up

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
The CHE is a Ceramic Heat Emitter

It puts out heat with no light and needs to be hooded up to a thermostat to it comes on and off as needed.

What do you have hooked up to your thermostat now?

The enclosure is buried in my garage so I can't get a pic for you but I'd would free if you came and got it.

Master_Roshi

I don't have anything connected to the thermostat as of now but if you are talking about the temperature it is 80F

Master_Roshi

As for the enclosure it'll be a big help for the torts, can you just tell me when and where to pick it up?

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
What side of town are you in? I'm in cypress and you'd need a truck to haul it.

The box itself is 4' long, 2' deep and 2' tall. Plus it's on legs that are about 18" tall so the whole thing is like 4' tall.

Master_Roshi

Yeah that's no problem, i live by sheldon. And I could pick it up during the week but it will probably be around 7-8pm or I could go next weekend

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Send me a PM with your name and number. Or probably better yet have your parents get ahold of me. I have a kid in high school and I'd be pissed off if they were making plans to meet strangers from the internet. I'll pm you my info so they can get a hold of me.

Tuesday's and Thursday's are busy evenings for men but you could come a different evening.