closed chamber enclosure

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
so my little redfoot igor (pronounced eye gor from mel brooks young frankenstein) has a huge suprise coming for breakfast tomorrow i busted my hump all day to make him a new enclosure i got the glass from my dad who is a contractor it came out a sliding glass door that part of broke 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

any comments or question's welcome 2 of the spider plants are real and really dying lol and 2 of them are fake i'm still in the process of adding more hides and more fake plants this was just a quick throw together in my free time today it sure does beat the 50 gal tote he was in before! the black on the glass is plastic that i taped to keep him from seeing out i just don't have very good taping skills! anyone planing on building a big enclosure note it's not a one man job i'm wore out! all building moving and setting up done by myself pictures of the resident's to come tomorrow!

Last edited:

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
thanks everyone it looks great and i'm happy with it but i'm still tired from making it all myself lol i made it and moved it all myself while my fiance was visiting family members messurements are 74 inches long 28 wide and i cant remember off hand but i think its about 4oinches high maybe higher

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
and as promised a picture of the resident's enjoying his breakfast 390.jpg393.jpg 392 (1).jpg 392.jpg 394.jpg 389.jpg

Attachments

• 389.jpg
    389.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 390.jpg
    390.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 22

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Looks great! I know what you're saying about it being A LOT of work. Made mine all by myself also but luckily had someone to help move it. I probably wouldn't have survived moving it alone. I just bought some plants to help with humidity like golden pothos, fern, a tabletop palm, and first frost hosta. All have high humidity requirements. I also have some plastic vines hanging all around so its like a forest in there. Like you, I don't have a green thumb so only time will tell how long theses plants will last lol.
Btw how did you hang the fluorescent lamp in there?

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Looks great! I know what you're saying about it being A LOT of work. Made mine all by myself also but luckily had someone to help move it. I probably wouldn't have survived moving it alone. I just bought some plants to help with humidity like golden pothos, fern, a tabletop palm, and first frost hosta. All have high humidity requirements. I also have some plastic vines hanging all around so its like a forest in there. Like you, I don't have a green thumb so only time will tell how long theses plants will last lol.
Btw how did you hang the fluorescent lamp in there?

2 wholes drilled in the gap of the hood fixture with some rope going through and tired off to what my lamps are hanging on
that's a lot of plant's and i bet it looks really nice but i'd double check some of them i know off the top of my head potho's is toxic i'm not sure about the rest but i looked up the hosta and it's toxic to dog's cat's and horses http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control/toxic-and-non-toxic-plants/hosta

i know tort's can process things differently then most animal's but i'm not sure about the toxic plant's i've alway's played it safe a with non toxic

tortnmutt

Washington Coast
Actually hostas aren't toxic to torts. They're ok in moderation. A more reliable source that pertains to tortoises is tortoisetable.org.uk

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Actually hostas aren't toxic to torts. They're ok in moderation. A more reliable source that pertains to tortoises is tortoisetable.org.uk

i'd just prefer not to use it if it's toxic to any animal's even if they are ok in moderation i'm not so sure it's something you should have planted to where they can eat it at free will