Cleaning product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowqueen75

5 Year Member
Is it safe to use Simple Solution Enzyme stain and odour remover around tortoises thanks in advance

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have no idea what is in it. I wouldn't use anything but hot water and maybe some dish soap, like Dawn. See what others say.

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
I don't know about Tortoise but with birds you can't use any chemical around them... So they use a mix of vinger and water to clean cages. Vinger to take away smell. This might work with tortoise but I would ask just to be sure.

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
wellington said:
I have no idea what is in it. I wouldn't use anything but hot water and maybe some dish soap, like Dawn. See what others say.

Yeah, that and vinegar.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
And don't forget salt as a scouring compound. It's great. Baking soda, too, but not at the same time as the vinegar:)

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Ah, yes..childhood memories of making backyard and classroom volcanos with baking soda and vinegar...

I HAVE heard of people using bleach and other chemicals, and rinsing thoroughly, letting soak over night, etc..but honestly..I'd never use anything besides what I mentioned. It's just way too risky. You can get your enclosure perfectly clean with other methods.

Snowqueen75

5 Year Member
Lol I think I get it haha. Safer than sorry ill just use water, they dont get there enclosure filthy anyway as we have them running around the garden and house ;)

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Edna said:
And don't forget salt as a scouring compound. It's great. Baking soda, too, but not at the same time as the vinegar:)

Interesting, I use vinegar, baking soda and water for my parrots cages. For the hatchlings I use vinegar and water.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
I was just thinking of the carbon dioxide released when the two are mixed. In some aplications I guess that wouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.