Status
Not open for further replies.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
emysemys said:
Anthony:

If you're going to post a thread like this, you have to be man enough to accept the bad with the good. If you don't like what people say, you should not have started the thread. People feel like they feel, and you cannot change that. You just should have kept quiet and left well enough alone. If the thread gets out of hand, a moderator will shut it down, but so far I haven't seen it. Just curiosity and wonderment about what and why.

Agreed... Quite frankly, you can't start a thread like this, specifically asking people to comment and criticize (From the original post: "please if you feel I'm wrong let me know!"), then blow up on everyone who even remotely disagrees with you, or feels you are wrong.

If you can't take the criticisms, you shouldn't have posted.

In any case, no one here is trying to hurt YOU. They're just expressing their concerns. Their concerns for your animals' care, their concerns for your wishy-washy attitude regarding what you want to keep and what you're going to sell... Usually, in situations like the one you create for the animals in your care, the animals begin to suffer in one way or another. Maybe this isn't the case for you, but you can understand where people get concerned, right?

The bottom line is, you asked for criticism, and you got it... There's no reason to get angry and insult everyone who makes a comment that doesn't fit what you want to here. Now maybe I'm stepping a toe out of line with this comment... But that's something I would expect from a 10 year old boy, not a full grown man.

(Mods: If that last comment is gone too far, I apologize. I don't think it is, but it can be hard to tell what other people consider "too far," and I've been wrong before...)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Again someone who proclaims how much money they have spent, seems a little odd to me, especially the I have spent more than you will ever see in your lifetime. Odd and unusual. Since this is an open forum I will decide when and if I will move on, thank you very much.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
As has already been pointed out, you opened yourself up for criticism. Me, foolishly taking the bait, answered your call, and yet once again, a very defensive and combative reply was shot back. Sorry to have offended you and your ways, but I personally would not consider mixing species and feeding only romaine lettuce a way to "bring them back to health and give them life". Anyway, I'll go back to leaving you alone and ignoring your posts. Happy new year! :D

HipsterTorts

5 Year Member
Southern California
I'm confused... You rescue torts because you don't have a lot of money...but you've spent more money then Captain will ever see in his lifetime? Am I the only one that doesn't comprehend this?

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Hello, friend.

I am prince from Cameroon. My family has been deposed from statehood and I need free Ploughshare and Radiated to be reseated in the power.

If you are not to be the giving of the free Ploughshare and Radiated, I am to be the selling them for $50,000 and and $10,000, respectively.

If you kindly give me your bank details, I be to the putting a small deposit in your account before transaction.

I honest man.

God bless!

PS- Please to be reading my many positive reviews below!
----------------------------

Baoh's mom: "I vouch for him!" He the honest man."

Baoh#2: "Baoh the best!"

_b.a.o.h_03: "Good is Baoh! Many turtle!"

----------------------------

mattk

5 Year Member
delaware
RE: "Clarification" Is this so Wrong?

Holy cow I don't have any free tortoises to give but hey I would be more then willing to give all my bank info to u. Lol that last post had me laughing so hard thanks.

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
ROFL!!!! Not sure if this is classed as taking the post 'Off Topic' Baoh, but it made me laugh!!!

My ONLY opinion on this thread, Grogansilver, is that I dont know whether you treat your tortoise keeping as a business, or your animals as pets?

Personally mine are household pets and I would never dream of swapping/trading/selling them. Maybe it's the fact that 'most' (am I overstepping the mark here?) TFO members keep their animals as pets and have an attachment to them, their personalities and the time they have taken to care, house and feed these critters that raises peoples back's up???

Helen x

grogansilver

5 Year Member
:tort: I'm Back "Boy you people can talk the trash or i should say try to trash somebody. I woke up this morning in a good mood which actually hasn't changed yet and I'm reading away Here and "Boy" you can see which people are the Haters and which people are so envy of a person just by what they say and how they express them selves toward one person, I'm sure glad we don't live in the Medieval times id probably be hung!!!! well all is said and done and over and i brought out enough Haters! "no I'm not Rich" and yes I'm just your average person who struggles from time to time them self and yes at least i can say i have over a life time spent thousands of dollars buying reptiles and practically giving them all away either because i had a hater wife who decided to divorce me because she didn't approve of me having Reptiles and did not like my hobby and left!! after that some lucky person out there got my whole collection for free! well i am now finally trying to rebuild my collection now! i mean i do have a right to do that right? "well here are some recent photos of my Baby's having their morning Breakfast and yes they are separated due to Deadly pathogens that can kill one of the others species! "my god that would devastate me if i loss my colony of Pancakes and Russians. here are some photos of them aren't they so quite there eating their morning Breakfast! well got to go its been nice chatting, ill be around! Oh one last thing here is a picture of my vitamins and food supplement's i use for my tortoises this stuff works well they are very healthy and alive! i grind it all up into a powder form and sprinkle it on their food every feeding they love it! the only thing i forgot was to put the Muzuri in the photo thats grounded up too! Bye, Anthony :) :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Anthony:

I really like the inventive way you've made a habitat for your tortoises. The kiddie pool with extensions turned out pretty darned good! From the picture, it looks like it would be a little hard to reach the aquarium on top, but over-all, I really like it!!

grogansilver

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Anthony:

I really like the inventive way you've made a habitat for your tortoises. The kiddie pool with extensions turned out pretty darned good! From the picture, it looks like it would be a little hard to reach the aquarium on top, but over-all, I really like it!!
:tort: emysemys Believe it or not those Pancakes and Russians walk right up those platforms with out any problems they do it like it was nothing to them! Russians are on the left side and the Pancakes on Right side of the Enclosure! Oh by the way here's my mixture of vitamins i feed them i actually grounded it all up into powder form except the vita shell of course and there's muzuri in there too! what do you think?

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I agree, that's a very cool enclosure. But, straight lettuce does not a balanced diet make, no matter how good your vitamin supplements are... I, too, wonder, do you try anything else with them? I doubt it's the only thing they'll eat.. I've only ever met one Russian who was picky about food (and, in that case, his least favorite food was the lettuce--everything else came first!).

And I still think you're being too harsh on your criticizers, when you're the one that asked for criticism in the first place...

grogansilver

5 Year Member
Laura said:
yummy roamaine....
What else have you tried with them?
:tort: Laura i have tried everything from spring mix to Kale to spinach to Dandelions they will not eat anything else and I'm not gonna watch my tortoise starve themselves to Death, we been down this road before with your concern about Romain Lettuce and my tortoises hey these tortoise come from being W/C to some one's not wanted animal they all differ from what they choose to eat But for now they all eat the Romain lettuce and I'm happy now just on that note! they are supplied with many vitamins that they don't get from just eating the Romain lettuce and other foods they should have! :tort:

Floof said:
I agree, that's a very cool enclosure. But, straight lettuce does not a balanced diet make, no matter how good your vitamin supplements are... I, too, wonder, do you try anything else with them? I doubt it's the only thing they'll eat.. I've only ever met one Russian who was picky about food (and, in that case, his least favorite food was the lettuce--everything else came first!).

And I still think you're being too harsh on your criticizers, when you're the one that asked for criticism in the first place...
:tort:

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
grogansilver said:
My friend who ever you are? are you a big fan of the pet smart or pet co chains out there? have you ever seen what those store's put in their tortoise Enclosures that they feed their tortoises! a piece or two of carrots! and their tortoises look half dead! their the guys who are the ones you should be discussing food preparations with! their the ones that have all the money and do nothing for there animals don't come and criticize me on a personal level or challenge me in a public forum to gain popular sympathy from fellow users on here! I bet you have never in your life done a nice thing for any animal that needed help! me Ive actually paid to buy a tortoise from a places or places like that that looked like they were gonna die took them home feed them brought them back to being active and hardy and looking good and then returned them to have a fighting chance of being bought by someone who might appreciate that animal so don't tell me that i criticize people when i don't! i just feel my beliefs on raising animals and taken care of them my own way are the right way and i have never lost an animal that been under my care!

Sorry, I've been staying out of this thread for a number of reasons so far, but are you saying that you buy tortoises from pet shops, take them home, and when you're satisfied you've done your part you return them to the pet shops where they weren't looked after properly in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.