Christmas Movies

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
If you like Christmas movies in July the Great American Family channel is showing Christmas movies starting at 6pm eastern time today around the clock for the whole month.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't think I have access to that channel. I have Hulu, but google says it's on Hulu Live

Len B

10 Year Member!
I hate Christmas anything in the summer. Hobby Lobby store already has Halloween and Christmas stuff out, ugh.
Thanks for the heads up though. For me it was a warning to not go looking on that channel.
What about in the spring with Christmas in April? I used to volunteer time to help businesses and local neighbors for whatever they needed. haven't participated for several years now. Or is your disdain for for my post about a tv channel that supports the old traditional American values that I grew up with and still believe in today?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nope, never heard of Christmas in April.
I love Christmas but only at Christmas time! November thru December that's it! Don't want to see anything about it before then or after. No movies, TV shows, decorations, songs, things for sale or anything else I missed.
It's my favorite holiday but I want it when it is meant to be.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I kinda think about Christmas all year long. It's because I'm a cheap skate and poor with animals 😉 but I do find cheap stuff by doing Christmas shopping all year.long. since it's the thought that counts... If they like they can regift it or not. At least it's not in a landfill. They usually like what I find though and I just collect the crap in totes until it's time.cheap cheap 🕊️

Len B

10 Year Member!
I kinda think about Christmas all year long. It's because I'm a cheap skate and poor with animals 😉 but I do find cheap stuff by doing Christmas shopping all year.long. since it's the thought that counts... If they like they can regift it or not. At least it's not in a landfill. They usually like what I find though and I just collect the crap in totes until it's time.cheap cheap 🕊️
I do the same with Birthday's too.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I do the same with Birthday's too.
Yes whatever I have left at the end of the year is going! Sometimes they manage to get an early present just because. It sucks because they know me and manage to talk me out of a Christmas present early 😊

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I hate Christmas anything in the summer. Hobby Lobby store already has Halloween and Christmas stuff out, ugh.
Thanks for the heads up though. For me it was a warning to not go looking on that channel.
Hahaha 🤣

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
In Jamaica, Christmas is being pushed on us earlier and earlier every year, because of the competition between stores and shops. For me, this spoils the season advent and takes away from the impact - there's too much pressure and planning nowadays. I like Christmas all right, when it's December!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I call what our family does for Christmas Trading socks. Just a little something. What's nice is it usually is a little something they like or even need. We don't need expensive gifts from each other. Just the time together. I shop all year long so I find stuff now and then. So when I find dirt cheap I think of Christmas Trading socks😊. The black Friday sales are a joke to me.

COmtnLady

Colorado
Part of any magical thing is it being special. Having Christmas on other days diminishes it. (BTW - I'm not religious at all.)

I'm talking about the warmth and joy, the anticipation, the special traditions, and so much more. Having that in any of the other ten months of the year just drags it down to mundane and everyday-plain.

And don't get me started on the Marketing! That is so offensive to me. November and December is fine, the rest of the year it is despicable... it shows what their priorities are, and impinges on mine. I resent the businesses that do that and do my best to boycott them. Any business that starts a heavy push before mid-November, while I may have to shop there some times of the year because they are the only ones I can afford or carry the stuff I need to get, they don't get my optional business for as much as I can avoid them.

So - no Christmas in some other month - unless it is a kindness for someone dying of a disease who won't make it to the end of the year, or something similarly good intentioned.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
wow such thanksgiving erasure

isnt dec 1 to dec 26 enough for christmas?
Nope need November. That's one of the biggest shopping months. Thanksgiving, good Friday, good Friday weekend. A lot of families, mine, do a shopping weekend stay over the weekend after Thanksgiving. The prep month for December.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Part of any magical thing is it being special. Having Christmas on other days diminishes it. (BTW - I'm not religious at all.)

I'm talking about the warmth and joy, the anticipation, the special traditions, and so much more. Having that in any of the other ten months of the year just drags it down to mundane and everyday-plain.

And don't get me started on the Marketing! That is so offensive to me. November and December is fine, the rest of the year it is despicable... it shows what their priorities are, and impinges on mine. I resent the businesses that do that and do my best to boycott them. Any business that starts a heavy push before mid-November, while I may have to shop there some times of the year because they are the only ones I can afford or carry the stuff I need to get, they don't get my optional business for as much as I can avoid them.

So - no Christmas in some other month - unless it is a kindness for someone dying of a disease who won't make it to the end of the year, or something similarly good intentioned.
Happy birthday 🎂🥳

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I LOVE Christmas movies. . . any old time of year, but I guess I don't have access to that channel.

Len B

10 Year Member!
I LOVE Christmas movies. . . any old time of year, but I guess I don't have access to that channel.
I switched from DirecTV to Dish a couple months ago and bought their biggest package with a 3 year price guarantee. I also have Amazon prime videos with Dish. I'm paying less than what DirecTV was costing me with fewer channels to watch. I even got a $500 Visa card in the mail. My Dish bill is $120 a month. DirecTV has this channel but was one of the many that I had to pay extra to watch.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica

Happy Birthday!