Can you show me how you cover your enclosures? (pics)

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
The post that @naturalman91 put up of his enclosure is the Zenport I was referring to earlier. It is 2x4 feet and i want to say about 3ft high. My girlfriend uses has one for her redcoat and I plan on getting one soon for my little leopard.

actually this one is 3x6

and i literally just built a raised garden bed using a sheet of plywood and 2x6's as the sides all cut to the exact dimensions oh and i was wrong it's 1" away from being 6ft it's 71x36x36

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Naturalman, what are the dimensions on that?

Also for those who use the garden beds, what do you use as a bottom?

it's 3x6 well technically 1" away from being 6ft and as for the bottom i just built a raised garden bed using a sheet of plywood and a couple 2x6's cut to the exact dimensions of the greenhouse

and then i covered the bottom with plastic before securing the greenhouse i love the enclosure

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is my baby leopard outdoor habitat. I used white pull ties, and you should always use the black ones outdoors. Mine have been in use for 2 years and now they are brittle and breaking:

leopard tortoise yard 5-2-15 d.jpg

The wood on the sides supports the wire. I stapled a piece of hardware cloth along the back, then attached the larger piece that covers the enclosure to it with twist ties (zip ties - whatever you call them). The lid swings up and down freely. Then I screwed two screws on the front edge, but not in all the way, and attached two corresponding twist ties to the top wire. When closed, I wrap the twist tie over the screw. Of course, this is probably only good against birds. A raccoon would get in easily.