1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Calling on indian star owners residing in INDIA

Discussion in 'Indian Star and Burmese Star tortoises' started by shanu303, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer TFO Admin 5 Year Member Platinum Supporter

Media:
    Albums:

If it's really true that the intestine is "blown", I'm interpreting this to mean it is ruptured? This means the tortoise is slowly dying. It won't heal itself. In my opinion, the kindest thing would be to euthanize the animal.
  2. Yvonne G

Media:
    Albums:
    Hi and welcome! What do you need help with?
  3. Yvonne G

Media:
    Albums:
    Many of our members in India have written in this thread about what to feed your star tortoise. Please go to the first page of this thread and read all the posts.
  4. Yvonne G

Media:
    Albums:
    Yup. . . there usually is someone here all the time. What's up?
  5. Pramodh

Pramodh New Member

6. Pramodh

Pramodh New Member

Hi anybody have doubts ask me I will clear all doubts about stars
  7. kapil

kapil New Member

hello everyone,exited to see this community,
    i have a star tortoise of about less than 1 year age,i have recently started feeding him a mix of grated carrots,gudhal leaves,baby greens of cabbage, little amount of beans and little amount of palak patta, all cut into tiny pieces with a small scissor to help with eating ....and he seems to like it and eats it BUT his feces is Very Smelly and liquid with green stirring in middle,otherwise he is Very active and fast since switched to this diet...is there any problem with diet,pls suggest me....

Attached Files:

8. kapil

kapil New Member

hello everyone,i am thinking about making an enclosure for my tortoise and while i was reading about substrate choices for tortoise an Idea came to me,Why Not Use the dried and crushed leaves as a substrate or part of substrate for these guys,i have arranged something like it in Temporary enclosure used only for sleeping at night......Would Love to know what the other members think of it and can it be applied to the new enclosure i m making.The dried leaves are of arabian mogra plant and he like to burrow in them

Attached Files:

• box.jpg
      box.jpg
      File size:
      3.9 MB
      Views:
  9. kapil

kapil New Member

hey mrunal,seems like the experts are busy so as a fellow newbie a would like to give a helping hand,the one with respiratory problems may have cold issue so try having a heat source always available,my tortoise also had the same problem but after a little more warm environment and sun bath the illness was gone,try giving carrots in grated form sprinkled on the tiny sized cuttings of main food,and try googling a little about their diet as well...