Bump/Dip Leopard tortoise shell

Coconikki

Location (City and/or State)
Sioux Falls, SD
Hello! I have a Leopard Tortoise almost 7 months old. 161 grams. I notice there seems to be a bump or a dip towards the back of the shell above the tail area? Can you see it, is this something to be of concern or normal?
Temps/Humidity are all within range. I check daily. Arcadia UV, radiant heat panel, all good sizes in working condition.
Soaks every day and poops everyday. Eats fresh salads two times a day.
Calcium with D3 is three times a day.
Diet consists of daily Green Leaf, red leaf, Dandelion greens, Arugula, Opt 52, finely chopped hays and occasional mustard greens added but alternated with hibiscus,nettle,Raspberry,soursop,oat grass, mornga, plantain.
IMG_3931.jpegIMG_3937.jpegIMG_3940.jpegIMG_3935.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Normal and nothing to worry about. Make sure your diet, D3 and calcium supplementation routine, and UV levels are correct. If all that is as it should be, then this is nothing to worry about.

Coconikki

Sioux Falls, SD
Normal and nothing to worry about. Make sure your diet, D3 and calcium supplementation routine, and UV levels are correct. If all that is as it should be, then this is nothing to worry about.
Thank you for responding!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
As others have said, this is quite normal.

In my experience, this is more evident in males. I usually don't see it as pronounced in the females I have raised as your tortoise shows.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
As others have said, this is quite normal.

In my experience, this is more evident in males. I usually don't see it as pronounced in the females I have raised as your tortoise shows.
Well isn't that interesting. I have only dealt with males. So IME they "all" have had it. See why forums are so beneficial? Lots of input from various experiences 👍