Bubles in nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
So I noticed my 18 month old sulcata has some bubles coming out of his nose two days ago. Till now I still like little bubles once and awhile. It's not drastic but it's there. Respiratory infection? This will be my first time having a tort with one so I need help fixing this problem. Is it contagious? How do you treat it? Thanks TFO in advance!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
For a few days, bump his temps up a little. Keeping him at 85-90, day and night. If everything else seems okay with him, the temps will probably be enough. If things get worse, let us know. Here a bump to your thread get more advice. Good luck, hope all is fine.

Keep him well hydrated.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Best advise before going to a vet...most likely your tort got too cold. Bump your temps up. Approx a week. Give warm soaks. This should take care of it. Make sure tort is still eating. If it gets to the point of not eating do baby food spake. I hope this helps.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Ditto, keep the temps up. My Cooper ended up with a URI when he was a little one due to the temps being to low. So after a $350 vet bill and a total of 5 shots he got better and I learned a tough lesson at his expense.

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Make sure the basking temps are good, maybe boost them a little. Do you have a good source of UVB? If it doesn't get better quickly, bring the tort to a vet... URIs are nothing to kid around with in torts.

Good luck!

DrewsLife727 said:
So I noticed my 18 month old sulcata has some bubles coming out of his nose two days ago. Till now I still like little bubles once and awhile. It's not drastic but it's there. Respiratory infection? This will be my first time having a tort with one so I need help fixing this problem. Is it contagious? How do you treat it? Thanks TFO in advance!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
biochemnerd808 said:
If it doesn't get better quickly, bring the tort to a vet... URIs are nothing to kid around with in torts.

* If we suspect infection, swabs are taken and cultured to determine an accurate diagnosis. What we have experienced is that the original infection can quickly lead to secondary issues if not treated properly and possibly complicate further treatment.

* Things we take into consideration when determining infection are discharge colorations, appetite, activity level, and posture (one of the first obvious signs we notice of a sick tortoise is weak hind legs).

Status
Not open for further replies.