Bubbles from nose during urating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BH-Tortoise

5 Year Member
Hello forum.

I had my Greek spur thigh tortoise Eddie out on my bed today. He decided to get rid of his urates, however as he was pushing them out bubbles were coming from his nose :/ Is this normal?

Thanks,
Ben.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hmm IMO I would say that there are not link between urinating and what is comming out from the nose. Was he in his water dish when he did that?
When you say "out of your bed" did you mean that that tortoise slept in your bed?

BH-Tortoise

5 Year Member
I mean I took him out of the tortoise table and had him walking around on the bed :) He didn't sleep in there. He wasn't in water when he did it, it kinda looked like as he was doing his business, giving a little push to get things going he also blew bubbles out of his nose.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I agree with Isa, the two actions are not connected. As long as your tortoise is not having a problem expelling urates and other wastes there should be no concern on that end. Bubbles or foaming coming from the other end (mouth or nostrils) can be a sign of a respiratory problem. You may want to watch the tortoises actions very closely to see if it is producing bubbles on a regular basis, if it appears to be having difficulty breathing and/or if it is extending it's neck and opening it's mouth wide in an attempt to breath.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Ah ok you got me scared for 2 sec lol. Is it the first time you see the bubbles? What are the temps in the enclosure?

BH-Tortoise

5 Year Member
He does move his legs and head forwards when he is frightened or hot, I haveh ad my doubts on a respiratory problem for a while :/ I might take him to the guy who bred him just to get him checked over sometime soon. Is there anything I can do to help him before I get a chance to go and get him checked up?

Status
Not open for further replies.