Breeding G.Platynota, The Burmese Star in Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyazintharar

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Switzerland
Dear friends and lovers of Geochleone Platynota !

I live in Switzerland and I am probably the only legal breeder of G. Platynota in Switzerland, maybe in Europe. Breeding the Burmese Star is exeptional difficult and I had to make e lot of research to become successfull!

I wrote in the German online testudina magazine about all the chellenges and pitfalls about breeding Platynota - the real juwel of all tortoises (in my opinion).
You can find the article including some really exeptional fotos : www.testudina.de

I found in this forum some very nice comments about the G.Platynota, so I decided to join.

Tibor

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. I'm a huge fan of platynota. I will have a group of my own someday.

Is there an English translation of your article anywhere? I can read Spanish, but I don't know any German.

If not, we would LOVE it if you typed up a post about what challenges and solutions you found. Pics would be fantastic too.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Hi Tibor, welcome to the forum! I have a friend in the Netherlands that has 8 young platynota, but they are not old enough to breed yet. I would love to hear more about your group, especially pictures! I love my platynotas. I think they may be the best tortoises in the world too!

Hyazintharar

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Tom said:
Hello and welcome. I'm a huge fan of platynota. I will have a group of my own someday.

Is there an English translation of your article anywhere? I can read Spanish, but I don't know any German.

If not, we would LOVE it if you typed up a post about what challenges and solutions you found. Pics would be fantastic too.

Sorry there is only one translation of my article and that is from a friend, a real tortoise freak , living in Thaiwan but the translation is in CHINESE !
If anyone want to translate the article, and the translation comes out in a good quality, I will give my permition for free publication in English.

Hyazintharar

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Amylialifrom hk said:
hi my name is vanessa
i come from hong kong,china.
i new hope u can help me with box tortoise

My article about breeding the fantastic G.Platynota , the Burmese Star, published in the tesudo magazin in Gernan you finde under http://www.testudina.de/images/magazine/2012/testudina_magazin_1.pdf
on Chineese language you will find the same article on the following website: http://www.paludarium.net

Wish you much fun when you read the story, how I fellt in love with the G. Platynota and how I became a successfull breeder of the star of all star tortoise.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Tibor:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

We're very glad to have you with us, and would love to see pictures of your tortoises and their habitats.

Hyazintharar

5 Year Member
Switzerland
N2TORTS said:
Pictures of all this success? :rolleyes:

Hello all Platynota fans, who want to see the success of the latest breeding of these phantastic, almost exsticted species:
Here you see my new born Platynota Babies of this May -
One Phot taking a first bath in protected enviroment.
Ather pictures the Platynota emryo in developent, onother how they hutch, and what size they hjave (in cm)

Hope you like these pictures....

Tibor

TiborIMG_0788.jpgIMG_0766.JPGIMG_0773.jpgFoto.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Hyazintharar

5 Year Member
Switzerland
1.jpeg033.JPG167.JPG
Hi Tibor:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

We're very glad to have you with us, and would love to see pictures of your tortoises and their habitats.
[/quote]

I post for you a photo where one of my female Platxnota is laying egs, another pic. yousee how pplatynota baby is hatching and another pic. where you see me inspecting a breeding station in Myanmar (Burma) last year.
Tibor

Last edited by a moderator:

Hyazintharar

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Hi Yvonne !

I have uploaded a serie of very special Photos in my photogalery
(Hyazintharar). i hope you like them¨

Tibor

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Hyazintharar said:
N2TORTS said:
Pictures of all this success? :rolleyes:

Hello all Platynota fans, who want to see the success of the latest breeding of these phantastic, almost exsticted species:
Here you see my new born Platynota Babies of this May -
One Phot taking a first bath in protected enviroment.
Ather pictures the Platynota emryo in developent, onother how they hutch, and what size they hjave (in cm)

Hope you like these pictures....

Love the pictures! You Hatchlings are BEAUTIFUL! You can send me a couple to care for if you have to many. LOL! Keep up the great work! Claudia

Tibor

Tibor

brugaugler

5 Year Member
I found the one picture of the developing embryo most interesting. It shows a developed oval "chalkening" on the top exposed portion of the egg and an embryo developing. I have several eggs now incubating that have this oval chalkening with what appears to be the beginning of a developing embryo.

This differs from other eggs that I have much more experience with (Sri Lankan stars and marginated). With both, the chalkening starts and eventually moves all around the egg. Along the way, a red disc is seen and that is followed up by the observance of blood vessels and finall the developing embryo. Thanks for the excellent picture! -Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.