Breed difference or personality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
I'm noticing that Oscar (Russian) will dig in the moment the sun goes behind a cloud, a few drops fall, or it becomes even close to dusk.
Whereas Tank (Sulcata) will cruise rain or shine, day or evening. Only hunkering down if it's truly dark and cold.
They both live indoors with timed lights, and go out whenever the weathers good enough.
Is Oscar a grumpy old man? Or is it just a difference in the two breeds?

Islandsaints

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Knotts Island
All of my Sulcata's head for their sleeping spots as soon as the sun starts to go down, or if it rains like your Oscar.

Tracy

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
There are definitely general differences between the species, but there are also differences in each individual.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I don't know about any other torts, but my Cherries will sit in the sun most of the day as long as it's cool enough. They wil actually follow the sun in their garden. When it's really hot like the last few days in the 90's, I didn't see them all day. Every night Pio (the big one) sleeps under the hosta and Solo, the little one, sleeps in the hide. Unlike box turtles, when it rains I don't see them at all the whole day.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
I figured it was just preference, but you know, gotta check with the experts just to be sure ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.