blue or pink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teriangeletti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
CAM00208.jpgCAM00196.jpgCAM00209.jpgCAM00194.jpgPet store said my new RT is "2 years old"...?????. I measured yesterday and it is 4 1/2 long & 3 1/2 (almost 4) wide..... I want to name them...you know the story...everyone wants to know!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Not 2 years old..

That tail is longer than any of my girls tails.
It is also shorter than my males tail.
I might see a hook on the end.
The cloaca looks to be more like a males.

I'm going with sub adult male.

Congrats :D

Sent from my TFOapp

teriangeletti

5 Year Member
Ohio
how old is sub adult and when are you officially an adult? Thanks! HE is eating eating! I am so happy.... the soaking bath and food and outdoors got him "out of his shell" and he seems happy now!!!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
4 to 10 could be a good guess. I'd say sub adult isn't breeding size/ age yet. Adult would be.
Because that tail still isn't as big as the old men I've seen...I think he still has a few years to man up :D

Sent from my TFOapp

teriangeletti

5 Year Member
Ohio
Team Gomberg said:
4 to 10 could be a good guess. I'd say sub adult isn't breeding size/ age yet. Adult would be.
Because that tail still isn't as big as the old men I've seen...I think he still has a few years to man up :D

Sent from my TFOapp

Funny!!! :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are those pictures showing the same tortoise? I thought the first two were different tortoises - both males, and about 8 to 10 years of age.

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
I say blue...since the tail is longer then from my female

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

teriangeletti

5 Year Member
Ohio
Yvonne G said:
Are those pictures showing the same tortoise? I thought the first two were different tortoises - both males, and about 8 to 10 years of age.

same tortie.... he was wiggly and my husband wasn't holding very well!He is VERY strong!

I am not an expert on anything tortie.... my first impression of him in the pet shop was "he is amazingly DRY".... like "dinosaur" dry. It may be normal, but all I could think of was getting him a good soak.... his shell looks so weathered and dry.... Do CB's shell's look like this too? Obviously, I am new to RT's. Will a nicer life of good food, baths and lotsa fresh outdoor sun make it any better in the future or is it pretty much a done deal at this age? Again, thanks so much for the info.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
For a minute there I thought we would be talking about skinks and their tongues... :p

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Theresa Angeletti said:
I am not an expert on anything tortie.... my first impression of him in the pet shop was "he is amazingly DRY".... like "dinosaur" dry. It may be normal, but all I could think of was getting him a good soak....

You may be new to tortoises, but good instinct when you saw "him"! Sign of a tortoise geek. Yay!

teriangeletti

5 Year Member
Ohio
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
Theresa Angeletti said:
I am not an expert on anything tortie.... my first impression of him in the pet shop was "he is amazingly DRY".... like "dinosaur" dry. It may be normal, but all I could think of was getting him a good soak....

You may be new to tortoises, but good instinct when you saw "him"! Sign of a tortoise geek. Yay!

:p definitely! Two in two weeks.... I am hooked!!!! Funny thing is: I have struggled and complained about my terrible yard that only had "field grass and weeds" and could never grow my tomatoes or peppers well... now I know why... it is perfect for a really great tortie yard!!!! I can't wait... I have tons of ideas!

teriangeletti

5 Year Member
Ohio
Digger having breakfast!

Sent from my SPH-L300 using TortForum mobile app

Attachments

• 1380741195829.jpg
    1380741195829.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.