Blue Beast Reptile

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReptileManiac

5 Year Member
Hey everyone I am wondering if Blue Beast Reptile is a good site to buy from? I am looking at buying an Adult Russian from then and want to make sure that is captive bred. Please tell me your honest opinion and if you have something really horrible to say feel free to Private Message me. Thanks!:)

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
Bluebeast advertises on this site, as far as I know, they are very reputable. But I believe that their Russians are Wild Caught. Most are, no matter where you look. It should say, in the ad, whether they are or not.

ReptileManiac

5 Year Member
Yeah I just reread and found they were wild caught, don't know if I am ready for a baby though. :(

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Babies are tougher. They are more fragile to be sure. WC isn't so bad. Just do a preliminary vet check (fecal, exam etc) and you should be alright. My first tortoise was a WC adult male Greek. Once I had my footing in the world of torts, I got an older baby (6 mos) and when I did good with her, I just recently acquired a much younger hatchling (1.5 months) I think that's the way to go. You make mistakes with your first one, I know I did. And adults can bounce back from things that would kill youngsters.

ReptileManiac

5 Year Member
Yeah I am looking at a CB Adult for 150 but I don't know if it is worth the extra 50 dollars. How much would a exam and fecal cost?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Prolly around 80-100$ (my vet charges 65$ for a first exam fee<--one time fee for new patients. and around 20$ for a fecal I think)

150$ sounds expensive to me. Have you been checking around other sources? Or is BlueBeast all you've looked at? Have you checked the classifieds here? I know Danny is downsizing before his move, and he's been selling some older torts. He has a nice CB Golden Greek cross that's already a year old.....

ReptileManiac

5 Year Member
Maybe it would be worth it then.

Yeah it is a lot, I will look into that Golden Greek!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
She's the older sister (from last year) to my Cross girl, Novalee.

You can't go wrong with Danny. He has AWESOME torts. Anouk, and Novalee I both got from him, and both are healthy, happy little torts.

Danny takes excellent care of his animals, and he doesn't mix WC and CB so a fecal is not necessary, but still recommended.

If I had the space, and the funds, I would snap that older girl up myself. She's got a very pretty face. :)

Hope I helped!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Reptile Maniac, the price of a fecal and exam varies by vets. I would call a Reptile vet near you and ask they are usually happy to let you know the base prices for a well or new animal checkup.
I have done business with Tyler from Blue Beast Reptiles and have been very please with him. I would recommend him and ask him if his adult Russian is a long term captive this will also let you know if it has been here for some time, or a new import which could have more parisites etc that you may not want to deal with. Tyler will be straight with you I believe, he always has with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.