Bixi's food consumption has doubled

Bixi

Location (City and/or State)
Memphis, Tn
Hey guys,
I have a ~6 month old Sulcata and I recently moved her into a new, better, larger enclosure. Ever since she has been in her new enclosure her food consumption has roughly doubled (or more). She isn't currently growing much faster than before, and from the Sulcata growth charts that I have seen they tend to accelerate in growth after the 8-12 month mark.

She seems very healthy and happy, but I just wanted to know if people experienced this kind of sudden doubling of food consumption. I am not sure if it is related to her new cage size, her health, her happiness, or just a growth spurt. Perhaps her growth spurt has not manifested itself, yet. She is active and digging and pooping like a boss.

Thanks for the input!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't have a sully, but I see this a lot in my leopards and Russian. It actually goes both ways about twice a year. Eating a lot, then thr next time barely eating anything. Pretty normal as our dogs, cats, lizards, even us humans seem to do the same thing.

Bixi

Memphis, Tn
I don't have a sully, but I see this a lot in my leopards and Russian. It actually goes both ways about twice a year. Eating a lot, then thr next time barely eating anything. Pretty normal as our dogs, cats, lizards, even us humans seem to do the same thing.

Awesome, gotcha.

Thanks, Wellington!