Best UVB bulb to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FBody355

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Carver, MA
Seeing what everyone on here uses. I live in Mass and getting outside is next to impossible. I'm looking at the Zoo Med Powersun 100 watt MVB bulb but all the reviews I read say it only last a couple of weeks up to a couple of months. I don't want to spend the money on this and have it crap out on me. I've been using the hooded Zilla uvb flourecent bulb but I feel as if the plastic infront of it is doing no good. Opinions?

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
I went to amazon and looked up a reptile mercury vapor bulb and they last up
To six months :)

ekm5015

5 Year Member
DO NOT use Mega Ray. The bulbs are VERY unreliable and they refuse to answer emails/phone calls. If your bulb breaks they do not acknowlege the warranty.

Go with a Powersun.

slowpoke

5 Year Member
colorado springs, colorado
i used to use the tubed 24" zoo med 5.0 fluorescent then a few months ago switched to a eco earth solar glow mvb 160w , and ill tell you what a defferance it makes ... but any of the uvb lights you get you have to change out every 8 months to a year any way, 8 months max with fluorescent lights , they loose the uvb after a while ... so i read ... But i have not had any problem with the MVB i got as of yet , but they are guaranteed for a year and petsmart will take them back if it takes a dump before then ...

slowpoke

5 Year Member
colorado springs, colorado
yea sorry i dont know what i was thinking when i said eco earth ... but yes i got the exo terra 160 ... but the 125 is good also , like i said i havent had any problem with that brand , i think its all about batches of bulbs some time people have problems with zoo med some people dont , same with other brands .... you know they are bout the same price at petsmart and you dont have to wait and if any thing goes wrong its easier to take it back and get a new one on the spot ...

FBody355

5 Year Member
Carver, MA
slowpoke said:
yea sorry i dont know what i was thinking when i said eco earth ... but yes i got the exo terra 160 ... but the 125 is good also , like i said i havent had any problem with that brand , i think its all about batches of bulbs some time people have problems with zoo med some people dont , same with other brands .... you know they are bout the same price at petsmart and you dont have to wait and if any thing goes wrong its easier to take it back and get a new one on the spot ...

I'll have to take a ride down to Petsmart tomorrow then. Thanks! I just had a looksie at Petco's the other day in the store and they wanted $79.99 for the Powersun 100 watt. Crazy!

Akronic

5 Year Member
what i usually do is print off the competitors add and bring it in and try to get them to bargin or price match. i got them to lower the price of my RT i got the other day by $20 not much but it helps * I did a little photo-shopping to cut out all the "online only" stuff.

yarok

5 Year Member
I have been using the powersun 100 watt for a while now and havent had any issues with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.