Best grasses for russian tortoise?

Harry

5 Year Member
so i have a little Russian and i want her to feel secure in her home, so i have ordered a spider plant but also want some hardy grass that can survive in the hot environment. the grass and spider plant will be waterd everyday so wont dry up, thanks for your suggestions on good grasses!

Thanks,
Harry

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fargo, ND
Russians are not a grass eating species. They would much prefer broad leafy greens and weeds.

If you would like a small patch for visual purposes for you, that's fine, but they like to burrow and will find it easier to walk on a soil-y terrain. Their natural habitats have little in the way of vegetation.

Harry

5 Year Member
Russians are not a grass eating species. They would much prefer broad leafy greens and weeds.

If you would like a small patch for visual purposes for you, that's fine, but they like to burrow and will find it easier to walk on a soil-y terrain. Their natural habitats have little in the way of vegetation.

As i said, its so she feels safe or she can hide, so the cage is not so open, not for her to eat and it would not be all over so she can still burrow.

Harry

5 Year Member

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fargo, ND
As i said, its so she feels safe or she can hide, so the cage is not so open, not for her to eat and it would not be all over so she can still burrow.

A spider plant would be fine for this, but grasses would not really help in this purpose.