Behold! The Devourer of Worlds! LOLZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fontana, CA
Well, first things first, I read the "Before you post thread" I'm a regular on car forums so... To my Tortoise! I have no idea what it is! I always wanted a Turtle/Tortoise and fate brought this Tortoise to me. My Mom found it on the street actually, before someone says, "Put it back in it's natural environment!" I'll say, I live in Downtown Fontana, California. Unless my Tortoise is a Teenage Mutant Ninja Tortoise (Highly unlikely!) I'd say it wandered off and found it's way to a busy street and my Mom being the kind hearted person she is, picked it up and saved it from being crushed. I say it's fate cause I was going to buy a Turtle this week lol. Hmm... so, yeah... that's my story. I'm currently reading online about lighting, habitats, foods, etc.... so, any input is greatly appreciated and by a Tortoise noob.

Here's a pic of Blastoise!!!
IMG_20120827_215042.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Box turtle without a doubt, specific species escapes me. Def. not native to CA.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Galactus said:
Well, first things first, I read the "Before you post thread" I'm a regular on car forums so... To my Tortoise! I have no idea what it is! I always wanted a Turtle/Tortoise and fate brought this Tortoise to me. My Mom found it on the street actually, before someone says, "Put it back in it's natural environment!" I'll say, I live in Downtown Fontana, California. Unless my Tortoise is a Teenage Mutant Ninja Tortoise (Highly unlikely!) I'd say it wandered off and found it's way to a busy street and my Mom being the kind hearted person she is, picked it up and saved it from being crushed. I say it's fate cause I was going to buy a Turtle this week lol. Hmm... so, yeah... that's my story. I'm currently reading online about lighting, habitats, foods, etc.... so, any input is greatly appreciated and by a Tortoise noob.

IMG_20120827_215042.jpg

Cute:tort:

Mky2k

5 Year Member
Central New Jersey
Looks more like a box turtle turtle to me, almost looks like an ornate. Love the name, though.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome, Galactus!!!

Your new found turtle is a male ornate box turtle (Terrapene ornata ornata), and is not native to California. It might be a good idea, and a nice thing to do, for you to put up fliers on the utility poles around the neighborhood where your mom found the turtle. Someone actually paid money for this turtle, buying it from a pet store, and they're probably pretty upset that they've lost it. You can also put up ads on Craig's List and free "found" ad in the newspaper. But don't include too much information. There are unscrupulous people out there who only want something for nothing and will tell you it IS their turtle, when it isn't. Just say, "Found turtle" and let the respondants tell you what they lost.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Your mom's a sweet person to save a turtle out of the street. :)

Personally, as someone who has lost a box turtle, and is STILL completely heartbroken 3 years later, I would encourage you to at least try to find the owner. Chances are you won't, and that's fine because you end up with an awesome buddy. But, to some sad person out there who can't sleep at night because their baby is missing, you would be a hero.

lol, was that too dramatic?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Shellysmom is right, you should at least try to find it's rightful owner. Then if they are not found he is yours.
No shellysmom, not to dramatic at all. I would be heart broken too if I lost my leopard.

Galactus

5 Year Member
Fontana, CA
I agree, I'll be making flyers and posting them around the block and see if anyone response. If not I'm making an awwesome habitat for it! I don't know how id feel if I lost my Pitbull.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
emysemys said:
Welcome, Galactus!!!
There are unscrupulous people out there who only want something for nothing and will tell you it IS their turtle, when it isn't. Just say, "Found turtle" and let the respondants tell you what they lost.
Yes.... unscrupulous people. BTW on another completely unrelated note I recently lost a male ornate box turtle (Terrapene ornata ornata).

MichiLove

5 Year Member
New Orleans
mattgrizzlybear said:
Galactus said:

IMG_20120827_215042.jpg

Cute:tort:

FYI, That is DEF. a male Ornate Box Turtle so don't take care of him based on tort. husbandry.
Oh yea he is awesome too!

Galactus

5 Year Member
Fontana, CA
^Awesome! Thanks for the info! I'm already looking into it's eating habits to keep him in good health while I wait for a previous owners call/response.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
I used to breed these guys!! :p thats a pretty good looking male you got there!

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
shellysmom said:
Your mom's a sweet person to save a turtle out of the street. :)

Personally, as someone who has lost a box turtle, and is STILL completely heartbroken 3 years later, I would encourage you to at least try to find the owner. Chances are you won't, and that's fine because you end up with an awesome buddy. But, to some sad person out there who can't sleep at night because their baby is missing, you would be a hero.

lol, was that too dramatic?

No that was definitely heartfelt! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.