Before and After Haircut photos

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Thought this would be fun to share. Today was grooming day - Anyone else have pets that look like different animals after their haircuts? One of my dogs goes from being a terrier to a chihuahua after he is shaved...

Attachments

• beforeafterrocket.jpg
    beforeafterrocket.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 3
  • beforeafterfredo.jpg
    beforeafterfredo.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 3

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have never shaved my dogs. Their coats are meant to protect them both in winter and summer. Their natural coat should be trimmed if needed, specially around face, butt and feet are usually all that really should be done unless the coat or tail gets so long it drags on the ground.
Most animals coats should be left as is, with brushing, cleaning and trimming, as like I already said, the coat is for protection in both cold and hot weather
They are cute though in both stages.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Yeah I wish. Rockets fur gets matted and infested with dirt and he hates being brushed. This way he gets tortured once or twice per year rather than frequently, also while I think that is true for intentionally bred dogs, when you have generations of mutts you can end up with the worst of all worlds. He has oily fur that can go bald in places (shelter thought he had alopecia when they got him), thin in others, grows dreads in others, it’s like four dog coats in one, though he doesn’t like being groomed he is much much happier after…

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's funny, the four dog coats. Probably true though in mix dogs. Who knows how many different breeds are making up the coat. The dreads would be pretty cool though lol. But yea I'm sure they would get nasty quick.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
That's funny, the four dog coats. Probably true though in mix dogs. Who knows how many different breeds are making up the coat. The dreads would be pretty cool though lol. But yea I'm sure they would get nasty quick.

Yeah, these are not cool rounded dreds, but nasty choncks of hair dreds