Beaks

Donna.j

Location (City and/or State)
Caldicot
hi guys I am a new member here but I am a little worried about my tortoise as it appears that where his face and beak meet it appears that some of his skin is coming away from his beak if I can describe it that way I am very concerned about him. But not sure if this is normal I took him to the vets a few months ago as I thought his beak was o regrowing but they told
me it wasnt!!

909898BD-74CA-4A45-BE85-49E6EAAE56A6.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It does appear that there is something not quite right with the beak in that picture, but to be able to see it more clearly, I'd have to see the tortoise in real life. From the picture it looks like he has new beak growing in below the existing beak. Never seen that before. The beak on top looks to be a bit overgrown too.

Donna.j

Caldicot
It does appear that there is something not quite right with the beak in that picture, but to be able to see it more clearly, I'd have to see the tortoise in real life. From the picture it looks like he has new beak growing in below the existing beak. Never seen that before. The beak on top looks to be a bit overgrown too.
Thank you do I need to get him to the vets then?